The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Saturday fishing results....  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Big-Jake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Shackless wonder
Saturday fishing results....
« on: Mar 22, 2008, 07:49 PM »
I'll post the pic later....Maybe

I iced a monster 8 "....yeah that's right an 8 inch togue at clearwater lake in Industry, but don't worry - Grampa - I'll be back for you

Fishinboots iced so many perch I lost count....

Beautiful day - got plenty of R & R

How did everyone else do?

Jake
A friend will come and bail you out of jail...But a good friend will be sitting beside you in the cell yelling holy sh** that was fun!

Offline LeadRemovalguru

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Saturday fishing results....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2008, 08:58 PM »
sounds like a heluva day at clearwater... did you try a mooslook wobbler?

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Great Job!! :thumbsup:...didn't get out today....hit the wood with the dogs in search for that Wylly Old Coyote.....had to leave at noon for my sisters Birthday party....but got a call about 7:30 from one of the hunters reporting that there is one less coyote in the woods!! :thumbsup:

Offline Simmy04548

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2008, 09:40 PM »
Went to the Androscoggin, and we pulled 2 Pike and pulled some smelt, pics on topic 03-22-08 Pike. Ice will be gone from down there SOON.
In the land of the blind. The one  eyed man is KING 

Offline dylanfthomas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2008, 05:21 AM »
We had a great day fishing despite the enormous amount of wind. My sister, her husband and her three kids who have never been ice fishing before came up from Pennsylvania for the weekend. We went to Upper Range Pond and only caught 1 fish (a good sized largemouth). They had a great time. The past 2 times at Upper Range we had the same thing happened to us. We caught our only fish of the day within ten minutes.

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2008, 05:40 AM »
Yeah we hit keezar and it was "full moon " fishing at it best.The smelts were schooled in clouds of almost 6ft deep at times and fish were mixed with them. Wind wasn't too bad going over the mountains and ice was some slick in spots. I ce is still almost 3' but not solid black ice but the more fozen slush ice.Was still a good day getting out too bad the fish had already been fed............. :laugh:
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2008, 06:05 AM »
Yeah we hit keezar and it was "full moon " fishing at it best.The smelts were schooled in clouds of almost 6ft deep at times and fish were mixed with them. Wind wasn't too bad going over the mountains and ice was some slick in spots. I ce is still almost 3' but not solid black ice but the more fozen slush ice.Was still a good day getting out too bad the fish had already been fed............. :laugh:

Glad you've atleast been able to get out a few times Dave..... your due a nice fat salmon at ice out! ;)

Offline fish hunter 1975

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2008, 06:33 AM »
Went to Norway. Ahhhhhhh very windy

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Seems like it was slow for everyone.
Maybe, there's more to that full moon than I thought. Ain't that right, gamefisher. ;)

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Drew a skunk at the north end of Messalonkee.  No hits, no runs, no errors.  A perfect game....for the fish that is.  Also noted open water showing up in the narrows heading south from the Oakland ramp. 

Offline BoneHead

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2008, 01:32 PM »
Great Job!! :thumbsup:...didn't get out today....hit the wood with the dogs in search for that Wylly Old Coyote.....had to leave at noon for my sisters Birthday party....but got a call about 7:30 from one of the hunters reporting that there is one less coyote in the woods!! :thumbsup:

took my new elec. caller for the first time. .....called in a horned owl ::) must have been close to the nest cause the chicks were going nuts......thaught they were getting breakfast i guess. (I looked it up and they do mate and nest this time of year). so technically i did call in a predator......right :D
Never argue with an idiot, he will just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2008, 01:51 PM »
the way the ice sounds  their only 1 week left  i gota get out again

Offline pfd168

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Living the Dream !
« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2008, 04:20 PM »
Didn't get to fish this weekend had training on Sat. and Easter today. Howis Clearwater this year? I grew up in Wilton and never fished it. I want to try so places around Farmington next year. I have a camp on Locke Pond in Chesterville.  Great largemouth fishing in the Summer.

Offline nofishin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2008, 05:08 PM »
went to norway with fishhunter.  very windy.  started off with a bunch of flags on small mouth.  then the bite stopped.  the deer steaks kept us going

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2008, 07:07 PM »
Seems like it was slow for everyone.
Maybe, there's more to that full moon than I thought. Ain't that right, gamefisher. ;)

Didn't get to wet a line this weekend between work and Easter commitments... with the wind and the moon though, wasn't that bummed out... ;) wow,it sure has been blowing.  Sure wish I had brought the sled to Andover today, the trails look mint from Rumford up, snow to the top of road signs still in places... can only imagine what HazMat and crew are dealing with up North :o

Offline Troys947

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2008, 07:13 PM »
I'll post the pic later....Maybe

I iced a monster 8 "....yeah that's right an 8 inch togue at clearwater lake in Industry, but don't worry - Grampa - I'll be back for you

The smallest togue I've EVER SEEN was like 12"! You gotta post that pic dude!

Offline Fishalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2008, 07:37 PM »
 Three of us fished Great Pond and only caught 1 smallmouth,not what we were looking for.
Let the little one\\\\\\\'s grow

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 24, 2008, 08:24 PM »
Went to the Androscoggin, and we pulled 2 Pike and pulled some smelt, pics on topic 03-22-08 Pike. Ice will be gone from down there SOON.

Ice is all gone today. Its open water time on the Andy.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline pikehater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 2008, 07:24 AM »
We were up at Moosehead Thursday night to Sunday.  Man did the wind blow.  Found some shelter behind Kineo on Friday and then fished behind one of the islands straight out of Lawerence's on Saturday.  Didn't get to fish where we wanted to because of the weather, white out conditions, but still had a blast.  Caught a decent amount of short salmon, cusk, and togue.  3+ feet of ice and definately still winter up there.  Went for a ride on Sunday before we left and headed out to Kokadjo.  Great riding out that way.
“Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not fish they are after.”

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.