The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Fishing Saturday in Bangor Area  (Read 1172 times)

Offline toguefisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fishing Saturday in Bangor Area
« on: Mar 13, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Headed up to Bangor area this weekend so that the gf can visit some friends and family.  She's doing a girl day saturday so I'm headed out fishing for the day with her friends boyfriend.  Worse comes to worse we'll just fish Pushaw for some pickerel and such but I'd like to get out someplace that I have a decent chance at a salmon or Togue.  Not sure how hard core this guy I'm fishing with is so need someplace that has decent walking access and isn't to far of a drive (I know I'm asking alot)  Thinking about maybe Sebec, is there any good walk on access in the big part of the lake?  thanks for any suggestions.
-Alec

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fishing Saturday in Bangor Area
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2008, 07:44 PM »
Go to Schoodic man..... ::)

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2008, 07:45 PM »
I second that

Offline toguefisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Long walk to where we were last time Scott.  Is it worth fishing closer to the launch?

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2008, 07:47 PM »
It should be frozen solid... easy walking with creepers??

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2008, 07:49 PM »
Long walk to where we were last time Scott.  Is it worth fishing closer to the launch?

Hell yah......from what I heard, we went about 2 1/4 miles too far last year   ::)

stay to the right   ;)

Offline toguefisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:01 PM »
I'll probably give it a shot, should at least catch a good buzz.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2008, 04:33 AM »
Headed up to Bangor area this weekend so that the gf can visit some friends and family.  She's doing a girl day saturday so I'm headed out fishing for the day with her friends boyfriend.  Worse comes to worse we'll just fish Pushaw for some pickerel and such but I'd like to get out someplace that I have a decent chance at a salmon or Togue.  Not sure how hard core this guy I'm fishing with is so need someplace that has decent walking access and isn't to far of a drive (I know I'm asking alot)  Thinking about maybe Sebec, is there any good walk on access in the big part of the lake?  thanks for any suggestions.
-Alec

Alec - there are some great little walk in trout ponds along Rt. 9 if interested.  Most would require a little effort on your part to get to.  PM if you want any names.  Green lake would be easy as well.

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2008, 04:37 AM »
Alec - there are some great little walk in trout ponds along Rt. 9 if interested.  Most would require a little effort on your part to get to.  PM if you want any names.  Green lake would be easy as well.

pegasus will be on Green Saturday, working on getting his shack off.......cdc and his buddy from Hampden will be out there too....or at least that's what he told me.

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2008, 06:38 AM »
brewer lake has salmon and easy acsess. fish near the island. big white perch also. they stocked bredder brookies and splake in jacob buck pond in bucksport also. fitts pond in eddington is good for brookies and splake. there is a liberal limit on touge in phillips and beech hill . both have salmon. good luck.

Offline Jason

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2008, 06:55 AM »
pm sent to ya

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2008, 12:59 PM »
alec, the boat launch for sebec is good access..... greely landing area at the end of 153 take it out of dover/foxcroft

Offline toguefisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 14, 2008, 04:17 PM »
alec, the boat launch for sebec is good access..... greely landing area at the end of 153 take it out of dover/foxcroft

thanks, I've been there before but it's a pretty long walk up throught the narrows to the big part of the lake and I've never had a whole lot of luck in the narrows.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.