The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: There's just something about it...  (Read 933 times)

Offline Big-Jake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Shackless wonder
There's just something about it...
« on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Not to get too sentimental and all but - I was recently thinking about it because I could not get out last two weekends to fish ( I know there's no excuse) BUT - There's just something about getting out there after doing a little homework to choose your spot and all the little tips people have given you and your time, effort and building know how gets a nice fish up on the ice. GOOD TIMES....cheers to many many more!

Do you remember any moments like that.....when it all came together? the location, the specie targeted, the bait, the set up, the hook set, the tension, the patience and the beverages & smoke after? - life is good

Jake
A friend will come and bail you out of jail...But a good friend will be sitting beside you in the cell yelling holy sh** that was fun!

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
Re: There's just something about it...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:42 PM »
Just dont steal someone spot from a picture because will will never hear the end of it.Tight lines and good luck. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ice Time

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Jake---You jogged my memory of years of great moments . Fishing adventures have a way of building great memories with family, kids and friends. Good karma.

Offline BADKARMA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SAY WHEN !!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2008, 06:18 AM »
Jake---You jogged my memory of years of great moments . Fishing adventures have a way of building great memories with family, kids and friends. Good karma.
I AGREE !!!!   LEAVE ALL THE BADKARMA FOR ME :):):):):):):):

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2008, 06:50 AM »
I have to admit Jake, that doing the homework BEFORE the final test makes it much more rewarding.  I've had countless hours of staring at depth charts, finding humps and channels, searching this site for different tips, baits, techniques.....I've totally changed the way I fish these days, and it's finally starting to pay off.

Keep on keepin on everyone...... :tipup:

Offline Old Crow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2008, 07:39 AM »
Success is always worth the effort.  It's the same with deer hunting.  After all the time you put in when you get the game your after, it doesn't feel any better than that.

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2008, 10:45 AM »
This website has been great....I dont think I would have had the success I have had this year without the info I have received from people on the site.....Every new lake I have fished this season I have caught a fish at....Megunticook 17" Rainbow.....St. George 3 Salmon........Sheepsco t 24" Togue......all info on these lakes was received by the wonderful people of this site.....GO TEAM MAINE!!! :flex:

Offline pfd168

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Living the Dream !
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2008, 09:39 AM »
You said Duckhunter.... its been great learning new places to fish and I've also met a bunch of people on here. The guys that I have fished with are great. Next year will be even better. Hopefully I can get my boy out there, he is still a little young but a few short days with him should be fun.

Offline dirk327

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • !
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2008, 09:42 AM »
I have learned a ton about ice fishing on this site...being from the far north I had never fished for a lot of the fish down here.....I have met some really great people too!

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2008, 09:47 AM »
I have to admit Jake, that doing the homework BEFORE the final test makes it much more rewarding.  I've had countless hours of staring at depth charts, finding humps and channels, searching this site for different tips, baits, techniques.....I've totally changed the way I fish these days, and it's finally starting to pay off.

Fool - don't underestimate your uncanny ability to get people to sing like a bird either...... :roflmao: Just bustin your chops Fool, what are you doing Friday ???
Got some left over smelt from last week...... :whistle: ;D

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2008, 12:11 PM »
Fool - don't underestimate your uncanny ability to get people to sing like a bird either......

Must be my F bombs..... >:D :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.