The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Our Statewide Derby Pics- and 3rd Place Winning Togue  (Read 6668 times)

Offline Jason

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Our Statewide Derby Pics- and 3rd Place Winning Togue
« Reply #30 on: Mar 11, 2008, 05:56 PM »
Mike I need you to drive next year and pick me up on the way like you did last year.  You should have seen me trying to get out with a 2wd truck on Sunday.  What a mess that was.  At one point my truck started sliding backwards with a trailer hooked to it and I wasn't even in the stinkin truck :o.  I was about ready to leave the whole rig there and come back in the spring to pick it up.

rude the dude

« Reply #31 on: Mar 11, 2008, 06:53 PM »
Beautiful fish guys. Congratulations on third place. Wish I could be just like you.

Offline bbpinecone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:15 PM »
I'll try this again...

Thanks for all the congrats guys! Never really expected to win anything, but was psyched to catch my biggest togue to date!  We definitely had a great trip but it was too bad some of the regulars couldn't make it.  We missed the NH contingent, Highlander, and you too Jon (you lurker!)  Hopefully next year guys!  And now I have a project for the summer trying to resurrect the Screaming Weasel from the ashes - anyone know where I can find a bunch of Elan parts cheap??  :-\ Mike, I stole your loft in the camp but you can have it - it's like sleeping in a furnace up there!  Was great meeting Silversides and his fishing partner on Friday night too.  Did you get a chance to try your new jigs yet?

Didn't take many pictures, but had a couple of a fat little salmon Joe caught...

Offline SilverSides

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing is better than any day at work!
« Reply #33 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Congrats on #3....nice meeting you too. Tried the jigs and the only thing interested so far was cusk....will keep after them tho'.

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 12, 2008, 03:44 AM »
Congrats to everyone. Great looking fish and awesome pics. Definitely a weekend to remember. Nice job.

Offline Highlander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:01 AM »
Sorry I missed it.  Some great fish and good stories.

Ryan - glad to know someone else sweated it out in the loft, but also glad to know I get it back next year! ;D

Jason - yes, next year I'll pick you up.  Thurs - Sun next year!

Flag - we always make it count!  Fish or no fish we'll be adding to the memories vault for sure!

Backwater - don't give up on me, we'll make up for it next year.  Hopefully all this work I am doing now will allow me to bring up some extra handles of Capn and SoCo!   :laugh:

No reason we can't all meet up for Stripers later this Spring/Summer!!

All the best...

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #36 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:02 AM »
Sorry I missed it.  Some great fish and good stories.

Ryan - glad to know someone else sweated it out in the loft, but also glad to know I get it back next year! ;D

Jason - yes, next year I'll pick you up.  Thurs - Sun next year!

Flag - we always make it count!  Fish or no fish we'll be adding to the memories vault for sure!

Backwater - don't give up on me, we'll make up for it next year.  Hopefully all this work I am doing now will allow me to bring up some extra handles of Capn and SoCo!   :laugh:

No reason we can't all meet up for Stripers later this Spring/Summer!!

All the best...

The Striper idea sounds great!!!!!

Offline Backwater_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dedicated to Fishing
« Reply #37 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:07 AM »
Don't worry Mike.....I think you can have your bunk back.  However, if we do end up having the full crew back up there, someone is going to have to share a bunk.  Maybe Mark and Dave could snuggle up together on that side, and you can sleep on the cooler side where the guys that catch the fish are.   :o

Offline Backwater_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dedicated to Fishing
« Reply #38 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:10 AM »
All I know is that I have to get my traps stained up just like Ryan's.  I'm also going to pick up an old elan sometime between now and then.  ;D

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #39 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:18 AM »
Don't worry Mike.....I think you can have your bunk back.  However, if we do end up having the full crew back up there, someone is going to have to share a bunk.  Maybe Mark and Dave could snuggle up together on that side, and you can sleep on the cooler side where the guys that catch the fish are.   :o
What a comedian... Why don't you go fishing or something!!!!!

Offline Backwater_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dedicated to Fishing
« Reply #40 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:22 AM »
 :D :D :D  No problem......I'm headed out in 3 hours to go and try for one over 10lbs.  :-*

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #41 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:23 AM »
:D :D :D  No problem......I'm headed out in 3 hours to go and try for one over 10lbs.  :-*
:-* :-* :-* :-*

Good Luck!

Offline Highlander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Mar 12, 2008, 01:17 PM »

I know you missed me up there!! Don't worry... I don't care where I sleep!  I'll be back in full-effect!  If you keep being a comedian I'll get my own suite across the cove!! ;D

I keep being asked what kind of fish is mounted on my wall in my office - not many people here have seen an 11-pound CUSK!!   ;D

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #43 on: Mar 12, 2008, 01:19 PM »
I know you missed me up there!! Don't worry... I don't care where I sleep!  I'll be back in full-effect!  If you keep being a comedian I'll get my own suite across the cove!! ;D

They have running water and a nice warm toilet!! ;)

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Mar 12, 2008, 03:40 PM »
I plan on spooning with mark and dave actually  ;D

(just like on the boat Mark....rememba? )  :o

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #45 on: Mar 12, 2008, 04:39 PM »
where you been