The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Dailey Lake  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Fowl Play

• IceShanty Rookie
Dailey Lake
« on: Feb 29, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Has anyone been to Dailey lately?  How are the ice conditions?  Thinking about taking one last trip!

Offline rooster740

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Dailey Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2008, 11:10 AM »
The ice last thursday was still 18" I tried to catch rainbows with my CF setup for 2 hours just little nibbles no trout. The perch are big and have been biting all year. In 1/2 hours I caught 8 perch one was 14 inches a hog! The smallest was probably 9" really nice fish.  One maggot on a gold #12 12" under a Swedish Pimple.
Ya gotta be tuff when yer dumb

Offline Ice Freek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2008, 01:16 PM »
Where is Dailey Lake? how far is it from Grt Falls?

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Dailey lake is by Bozeman
l

Offline hunterdan1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2008, 02:41 PM »
It's south of Livingston about 20 miles.On the east side of 89. :tipup:

Offline Fowl Play

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2008, 03:25 PM »
Thanks for the update!!

Offline icebugler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2008, 07:30 PM »
fished here on sunday. was good as usual.....when ur on em. fished from about 1-5 pm caught 30-40 fish only kept 3 this time, all were good (9-12) but those 3 were looked tasty. ice is still good, little snow on top made some slush, edges gettin a little gray, but should stay safe for a while. 12"-14" ice on the lake.

Offline rooster740

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2008, 02:17 PM »
It is open water out from the cottonwoods. My dad and I fished  last night until dark. We caught 16 in 2-3 hours was a bit slow and smaller fish 6-10 inches with only 3 in the 12 inch range. I missed a huge perch 2 times, 15 honest inches. The ***** just hung around and put the run on other fish. I could see him for 1 hour but no catchy! Dad kept catching 10 feet away, routinely at sunset they shut off.

Offline Ketchnrelease

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2008, 02:43 PM »
It is open water out from the cottonwoods. My dad and I fished  last night until dark. We caught 16 in 2-3 hours was a bit slow and smaller fish 6-10 inches with only 3 in the 12 inch range. I missed a huge perch 2 times, 15 honest inches. The ***** just hung around and put the run on other fish. I could see him for 1 hour but no catchy! Dad kept catching 10 feet away, routinely at sunset they shut off.

Cottonwoods?  I assume you mean on the east side, how much open water?

Offline icebugler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2008, 09:36 AM »
there was open water when i was out there too, a 50' x 20' section on the east side past the boat launch, def. not an issue though. did anyone go out this weekend to check it out. i would imagine it would still be safe but want to know before i go. thanks

Offline rooster740

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Sunday I was there with my dad and a friend. It was horrible slow. I caught 1 four inch perch and a 19 inch rainbow with one of my dads version of a slammer  type fishing aid, my friend caught a 9 incher, and dad lost one. Very few fish were on the tv, and the ones that came by were not hungry. 14-16 inches of ice that is pretty hard. we were out from the east boat ramp north of the open water 200 yards. I left my Leatherman on the ice so I went back for 1 hour this morning no luck.

Offline Fowl Play

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2008, 11:37 AM »
We also fished Dailey on Sunday.  Fishing was pretty slow for us also, although we did have a couple "heaters" where we would catch 4 or five in a short amount of time.  Four of us fished for about 6 hours and ended up with between 20-25 nice fish.  We also found some fish on the camera toward the end of the day, but they were not interested in our presentation at all.  Ice conditions were great considering the warm weather.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.