The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: LIARS!  (Read 5900 times)

Offline Grizzly Rider

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LIARS!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 29, 2008, 02:36 PM »
Lying?  Nope.  But as a real old gent told me over 55 years ago:

IT ISN'T BRAGGING IF YOU CAN BACK IT UP............

Never brag about the fish I catch as they are around for anyone/everyone to see..........
Ride a grizzly or walk......

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 29, 2008, 02:37 PM »
i'm not good enough with photoshop to lie YET! :roflmao: btw i use 5000# test when using seaguls. no breakoffs. ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline WMUAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 29, 2008, 03:04 PM »
The only two fish that I've kept this year were 8" perch.  I have nothing to brag or lie about so far. My girlfriend iced 3 walleye.  My manhood is pretty much riding on late ice success.  She's gone all weekend, so I have to catch a lot of fish by Sunday evening.

Offline In the Dark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 29, 2008, 03:07 PM »
Everything I say is a lie.  Except that and that and that and that and that.....
 :)

Offline snwbrdcity

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 29, 2008, 03:43 PM »
I joined because after a few days of reading the info on here I was impressed with the discussions.  Now that I am a member (a rookie for now) I try to get on here and help others out as they have helped me.  There is no reason to stretch the truth about a couple rops especially since my GF fished 3 times this year and caught the first fish each time and more fish twice.  Probably bc I was so busy tending to what was attached to her hook...  ;D

Offline Smitty71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 29, 2008, 04:31 PM »
Yeah pooley, I've upgraded since then.  Found a real good used semi wench that should do the trick :roflmao: 

Oh and for the record I'll give you the saying that's bolted to the front of my boat, "All fishermen are liars, except me and you, and I'm not so sure about you"! ;D

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #36 on: Feb 29, 2008, 06:07 PM »
I joined because after a few days of reading the info on here I was impressed with the discussions.  Now that I am a member (a rookie for now) I try to get on here and help others out as they have helped me.  There is no reason to stretch the truth about a couple rops especially since my GF fished 3 times this year and caught the first fish each time and more fish twice.  Probably bc I was so busy tending to what was attached to her hook...  ;D
The only two fish that I've kept this year were 8" perch.  I have nothing to brag or lie about so far. My girlfriend iced 3 walleye.  My manhood is pretty much riding on late ice success.  She's gone all weekend, so I have to catch a lot of fish by Sunday evening.
Woah, woah, HOLD ON, You guys need to stop telling the truth and START LYING with stats. like that!!! :roflmao:
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 29, 2008, 06:18 PM »
Not a lier here, have pics to back up pretty much ALL of my stories.  Just look at my photoalbum on my comp!!

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 29, 2008, 06:58 PM »
I think ppl lie b/c they want others to think they're a good fisher.  Personally i dont care wat ya think about me and the way i fish?? ANd plus if ya dont beleive, come along and fish next to me ;D

Offline p.c.icenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 29, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Yes , he could have titled his thread a little better , but look how many people he's got to read it . You guys usually have get so touchy. After you read what he wrote , he was just asking .
 The real problem I have is with the pic posted on the first page . Why would you post a pic of a non- keeper . :o
 I studied the pic for awhile , and could tell that was the week we had a great top water bite . We were using Kayaks with big terble hooks , and "walkin' the dog " with them . We would fill the kayak with cats to give them a scent . I could tell by looking at that fish , that was one we put back cuz we already had 6 bigger . We thought if we fished a little long , we might get into the really big ones just before dark , but they never turned on .
 So hey , throw those little ones back .

Offline Smitty71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 29, 2008, 10:00 PM »
The real problem I have is with the pic posted on the first page . Why would you post a pic of a non- keeper .
 I studied the pic for awhile , and could tell that was the week we had a great top water bite . We were using Kayaks with big treble hooks , and "walkin' the dog " with them . We would fill the kayak with cats to give them a scent . I could tell by looking at that fish , that was one we put back cuz we already had 6 bigger . We thought if we fished a little long , we might get into the really big ones just before dark , but they never turned on .

Gotta love when the top water bite heats up.  Especially during the ice fishing season.  I've caught most of my big fish this ice season casting huge plugs and buzz baits.  It takes some practice hitting the 6 inch hole in the ice though. :whistle:

Offline IcingSomeSlabs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 29, 2008, 10:38 PM »
Yes , he could have titled his thread a little better , but look how many people he's got to read it . You guys usually have get so touchy. After you read what he wrote , he was just asking .
 The real problem I have is with the pic posted on the first page . Why would you post a pic of a non- keeper . :o
 I studied the pic for awhile , and could tell that was the week we had a great top water bite . We were using Kayaks with big terble hooks , and "walkin' the dog " with them . We would fill the kayak with cats to give them a scent . I could tell by looking at that fish , that was one we put back cuz we already had 6 bigger . We thought if we fished a little long , we might get into the really big ones just before dark , but they never turned on .
That is funny.  Thanks for the laugh. 

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #42 on: Mar 02, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Why would I lie to people I have never met, may never will meet, and have nothing to prove too? I love   B.S. ing with my buddies though

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Mar 02, 2008, 08:03 PM »
Serves no purpose, why bother. Not here to impress anyone, anyway.

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Mar 03, 2008, 07:44 AM »
I think ppl lie b/c they want others to think they're a good fisher.  Personally i dont care wat ya think about me and the way i fish?? ANd plus if ya dont beleive, come along and fish next to me ;D

see im the opposite of u, if people dont believe me- dont ask me for my spot. 25 fish is not hard to do u just gotta learn not to follow the crowd of fisherman
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline tstegora

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Mar 03, 2008, 08:10 AM »
why would I lie to anyone of you?
I just share a love for ice fishing like the rest of you guys!!
if you think we are lieing then drop out of the group and let us enjoy each others friendship and stories of our passion of our sport!!!
are you just pissed because we catch fish and you can't?? ???
I just love to fish HARD WATER!!!

Offline hauler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Mar 03, 2008, 09:54 AM »
Ive never even ice fished ........I just like forums.

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Mar 03, 2008, 10:54 AM »
All fisherman are liars - Except you and me - But I'm not real sure about you. 
I enjoy that perfect peace -- that peace beyond all understanding, which comes at it's maximum, only to the man who has given up golf.

Offline ketchemall

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Mar 03, 2008, 11:31 AM »
Ive never even ice fished ........I just like forums.
I have  never  ICE FISHED  either .I dont know what to use to catch that ICE AND HAS ANYONE TRIED  :roflmao:
REMOVED

Offline hauler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Mar 03, 2008, 11:36 AM »
I have  never  ICE FISHED  either .I dont know what to use to catch that ICE AND HAS ANYONE TRIED  :roflmao:
OK I lied.......I use my freezer to catch ice....

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #50 on: Mar 03, 2008, 02:38 PM »
WOW. If I'm lying, I'm crying!!
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.