The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: What Is Your Most Colorful Fish Picture  (Read 19515 times)

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What Is Your Most Colorful Fish Picture
« Reply #60 on: Feb 29, 2008, 03:41 AM »
Thanks Buddha

This has been a fun thread, their all good. That one of Dennis and the rainbow is ridiculous, Jim's brown trout are gorgeous. The salmon pics from Sebago last season are fantastic !!

Can't wait for spring  8)

Holy Cow, these pics really got me thinking, spring trolling.
Went outside to put my rod holders on the boat. The boat is under 5 feet of snow. :'( :'(

Offline yukoncornelius

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Feb 29, 2008, 09:14 AM »
per dennis' request, a few upstate new york steel shots

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 29, 2008, 09:37 AM »
per dennis' request, a few upstate new york steel shots

Yes, those are the ones I'm talking about, Tim.
Great pics. Must of been a super trip.

Offline yukoncornelius

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Feb 29, 2008, 09:47 AM »
haha

the 3rd shot was the "rod breaker" fish.....that one got me a few fly rod upon return  ;D

Offline BoneHead

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Feb 29, 2008, 09:51 AM »
haha

the 3rd shot was the "rod breaker" fish.....that one got me a few fly rod upon return  ;D

Must of been fun to catch! Good job.
Never argue with an idiot, he will just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Offline yukoncornelius

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Feb 29, 2008, 09:56 AM »
if you look to the top of that pic, there's a pool at the very top....only about 15' around, 15' long......deep, with a small falls at the top and a long, narrow, fast water chute coming out....full of fish, but you couldn't land one in the pool....they'd break off or the hook would pull.....so i had to get them into the chute, and run down the bank 60-70 yards, guiding them around boulders & through rapids, into a bigger pool to land them.....it was way cool, wish we had video

Offline fish hunter 1975

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 29, 2008, 10:10 AM »
Here are a few salt water

And a few Fresh

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #67 on: Feb 29, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Here are a couple for the Maine crew.

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #68 on: Mar 01, 2008, 02:31 AM »

Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline DaveRT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Mar 01, 2008, 07:58 AM »
"Give a man a fish to feed him for a day. Teach him to ice fish and he will spend all his time ice fishing and spend all his money on gear and beer."

Offline tbessey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Mar 01, 2008, 01:23 PM »
I am pretty new here, but I fish a bit with lovestofish. The first picture is one from Snow Poind in 2004.

This is one of the browns I caught on the last day of fishing this year. Not big, but legal and great eating.

This one is from up north. I was fishing with Denis and we were targeting Salmon, but all I could catch was Bass.

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live on for those that have been lost.
« Reply #71 on: Mar 02, 2008, 01:27 PM »
     Here is a pic of my most colorful fish. This is an 18" native Allagash brook trout caught while ice fishing on Chamberlain Lake in February of 1982. My best friend Steve caught a twin to this fish 15 minutes later. We were fishing out of Nugent's camps within 25 yards of the cabin we were staying in. This is when Patty Nugent was still alive and well and runnning the camps. Some of you old timers remember the story of Patty and Al Nugent just newly married putting all of their earthly belongings on a raft and heading up Chamberlain Lake looking for the perfect spot to build a set of remote cabins to serve as a hunting and fishing lodge. This is back when the state of Maine was allowing squatters rights for those folks hardy enough to establish rough sporting camps in remote wilderness areas of Maine. The newlyweds began their journey in a raft up Chamberlain Lake in the early 1940's, they found a spot some 17 miles up the Eastern shore of the lake in a small cove, as what Patty Nugent described to me in her telling of the story as "just right." That was only the beginning of many years of hard, back-breaking labor building hand-hewn log cabins and surviving harsh, cold winters by hunting and trapping their food. I consider it an honor and a privilege to have met this amazing woman/pioneer (her husband having passed away some 10 years earlier). When I last saw Patty, she was well into her late 80's, truly a grand old pioneer lady full of grace and down to earth common sense, she treated all of her guests like members of her own family. I miss her.  Although this unfortunately is not a pic of the fish caught fresh through the ice, it is a picture of a wood carved and hand painted reproduction of the frozen fish presented to one Lawrence Irvine of Winthrop, Maine back in 1982 after returning from the ice fishing trip , I had to wait 6 months for the finished product, the cost was $35.00. This hand carved and hand painted fish is now valued at over $2500.00. Lawrence Irvine and Patty Nugent have long since gone on to heaven. Every time I glimpse that fish mount on the wall I admire it's beautiful colors as captured in Lawrence's mind's eye and I also remember the gleam in Patty's eye when I so proudly displayed my day's catch from Chamberlain Lake in the Allagash. God bless the colors of his handiwork, in fish, wildlife, but most of all in the people who touch our lives.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Mar 02, 2008, 01:51 PM »
     Here is a pic of my most colorful fish. This is an 18" native Allagash brook trout caught while ice fishing on Chamberlain Lake in February of 1982. My best friend Steve caught a twin to this fish 15 minutes later. We were fishing out of Nugent's camps within 25 yards of the cabin we were staying in. This is when Patty Nugent was still alive and well and runnning the camps. Some of you old timers remember the story of Patty and Al Nugent just newly married putting all of their earthly belongings on a raft and heading up Chamberlain Lake looking for the perfect spot to build a set of remote cabins to serve as a hunting and fishing lodge. This is back when the state of Maine was allowing squatters rights for those folks hardy enough to establish rough sporting camps in remote wilderness areas of Maine. The newlyweds began their journey in a raft up Chamberlain Lake in the early 1940's, they found a spot some 17 miles up the Eastern shore of the lake in a small cove, as what Patty Nugent described to me in her telling of the story as "just right." That was only the beginning of many years of hard, back-breaking labor building hand-hewn log cabins and surviving harsh, cold winters by hunting and trapping their food. I consider it an honor and a privilege to have met this amazing woman/pioneer (her husband having passed away some 10 years earlier). When I last saw Patty, she was well into her late 80's, truly a grand old pioneer lady full of grace and down to earth common sense, she treated all of her guests like members of her own family. I miss her.  Although this unfortunately is not a pic of the fish caught fresh through the ice, it is a picture of a wood carved and hand painted reproduction of the frozen fish presented to one Lawrence Irvine of Winthrop, Maine back in 1982 after returning from the ice fishing trip , I had to wait 6 months for the finished product, the cost was $35.00. This hand carved and hand painted fish is now valued at over $2500.00. Lawrence Irvine and Patty Nugent have long since gone on to heaven. Every time I glimpse that fish mount on the wall I admire it's beautiful colors as captured in Lawrence's mind's eye and I also remember the gleam in Patty's eye when I so proudly displayed my day's catch from Chamberlain Lake in the Allagash. God bless the colors of his handiwork, in fish, wildlife, but most of all in the people who touch our lives.
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

That certainly came from the heart Emerald, thanks for sharing..... good stuff. :tipup:

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Mar 02, 2008, 04:08 PM »
That certainly came from the heart Emerald, thanks for sharing..... good stuff. :tipup:

I second that..... :tipup:

Just got back from E. Grand and I couldn't have asked for a better first post to read, thanks!

I think the appraisal on the carving is a little low... ;)

Offline Frozen__Nutts

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • So easy, a cave man could do it
« Reply #74 on: Mar 02, 2008, 07:03 PM »

Offline BillB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Mar 02, 2008, 07:25 PM »
Nice crappie, Cliff....and cool looking shades. 8)

Offline Snowfun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag!!!
« Reply #76 on: Mar 02, 2008, 07:27 PM »
Feeding birds, one pike at a time...

Offline huntfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Mar 02, 2008, 07:29 PM »

rude the dude

« Reply #78 on: Mar 02, 2008, 07:31 PM »
I second that..... :tipup:

Just got back from E. Grand and I couldn't have asked for a better first post to read, thanks!

I think the appraisal on the carving is a little low... ;)

hey fshnfool , what happened to the pike.? Nice salmon did you get that from E. Grand?

Offline JimmieDean

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Everyone Dies, but Not Everyone Lives! RIP T Ryan
« Reply #79 on: Mar 03, 2008, 02:12 PM »
hey fshnfool , what happened to the pike.? Nice salmon did you get that from E. Grand?

"no name lake"

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Mar 03, 2008, 02:18 PM »
Nice salmon did you get that from E. Grand?

That I did dude.....the whole reason I went up there was to finally ice a salmon and it paid off in a big way.  Now I'm debating another salmon trip before it's all said and done.....only in a different direction    ;)

Offline brett me hot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Mar 03, 2008, 02:22 PM »
get the gaff

Offline nitro04106

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Mar 03, 2008, 06:21 PM »
my biggest brookie  not to colorful after loosing some color from being out of the water for awhile but a biggun.......

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Mar 03, 2008, 06:25 PM »
Very nice fish, Nitro.

Offline SOUSA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Mar 03, 2008, 07:00 PM »

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #85 on: Mar 03, 2008, 07:12 PM »

My first striper when I got back from Iraq.  Yes I did slip it the tongue but it tasted kind of fishy  ;D

Offline madfisherdude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Mar 03, 2008, 07:31 PM »
 :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: maybe if it was bigger :laugh:

Offline Joser06

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig
« Reply #87 on: Mar 03, 2008, 07:47 PM »

My first striper when I got back from Iraq.  Yes I did slip it the tongue but it tasted kind of fishy  ;D

Hey quick question for ya, did you catch that striper down by the jetty right next to Salisbury Reservation in Massachusetts?

Offline nitro04106

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Mar 03, 2008, 08:06 PM »
looks like ferry beach , there`s some monsters down were they tie up those 3 lobster boats in that drop off........

Offline Joser06

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig
« Reply #89 on: Mar 03, 2008, 08:12 PM »
I am pretty sure it is Salibury, just because I can see the old coast guard station across the river and I see the boats I work on docked there.. :-X

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.