Author Topic: Frabill Venture Ice Shelter  (Read 6178 times)

WalleyeWarrior

Frabill Venture Ice Shelter
« on: Jan 15, 2004, 07:59 PM »
I am looking into buying one of these, what are your opinions on them?

Offline lakehopper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re:Frabill Venture Ice Shelter
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2004, 11:21 PM »
buddy just bought one
we had to put it together witch i thought for the money it should have been ready to go
didnt like the two rods you have to put up in the ceiling seemed a little cheesey to me
and the bad part it didnt have a spot to put
buckets on when its folded up
  what i did like about it was the material it was made of and how it fasened to the sled
If ya cant dazzle them with brilliance baffle um with [IMG]

timmo

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2004, 07:30 AM »
i bought a new frabill ultra light  well its ultra light all right except that when you get to a lake with a foot of snow then it pulls like my truck with flat tires why? i tipped it over and the molded floor has some pockets for what looks like a two by four square on both sides of the tub well those pockets get full of snow slush and ice the friction will keep you warm all right i sweat every time i dragg it along gues ill get a tank to drag my ultra light cause its not easily dragged . should be more like the shappell rover flat floor no pocket to catch and sloww down foreward travel so im going to improve mine with some skis mounted to the bottem with screws and ill sandwich some two by four in between the tub and skis giving a little more lift and hopefully it will glide like its supposed to if not it will be sold and cheap as it is .cant pull it with the brakes on

tstelick

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2004, 07:46 AM »
I bought a frabill venture last year and it is ok.  It is not run and gun like alot of the new shacks, but it keeps me out of the wind and is nice and roomy.  It is kind of a pain to put it up in the wind.  It really needs 2 people putting it up to make it go easier.  It stays warm and the windows are nice.

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2004, 08:00 AM »
I agree with most of you guys about the Venture. I bought one this year for 200$ which was about 30 bucks cheaper than most places. The 3 stage pole system is a little difficult for 1 man to do at times. You have to partially close one door and leave the other open and let the wind bellow it out so you can see what your doing in there(I found this is the easiest).On the other hand, you pay for the Artic Armor material which is probably the most durable material on the market, and a little heavier. I think you have look at what you want in a shelter. Durability,ease of setup,weight, and size.
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.