The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: SELFRIDGE A/B  (Read 1537 times)

Offline timetwofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
SELFRIDGE A/B
« on: Feb 20, 2008, 11:47 AM »
I'M GOING THIS SATURDAY AND NEED SOME INFO
WHERE TO PARK AND HOW FARE DO YOU HAVE TO WALK OUT
I GOT NO ATV SO I HOPE IT IS NOT TO FARE WHAT ARE THY
USEING FOR BATE THANKS FOR THE INFO  T2F

Offline bobt0248

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: SELFRIDGE A/B
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2008, 07:29 AM »
You can park in the DNR boat launch at the end of M59. There will probably be someone there to collect the fee on the weekend. I think it is 6 daily or 24 for the year. There is a baitshop just to the left of the access area if you need bait. You can walk out as far as you want to fish if the ice conditions allow which I think they should. If you go to the left you are heading toward Cotton road and if you go to the right you are heading toward the AF barracks. I have caught fish in these areas from close to shore to about a half mile out. It just depends on the fish. I would head towards the crowds and just get a little ways from them for a starter. The fishing has been a bit slow this year. Good luck and report back how you did.

Bob
The trick to being a happy fisherman...is to be EASILY PLEASED... John Geirach At The Grave Of The Unknown Fisherman

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2008, 08:44 AM »
Bobt,
Is selfridge a better bet than metro?  I was looking to get out this weekend with the warmup and time off of work.  Always headed out from metro park but herd of the selfridge area.   

Offline bobt0248

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2008, 06:16 PM »
jjmoser

I would say the better fishing will more than likely be out of Selfridge but you know how fishing is. I think that Selfridge is more consistint. The fishing has been real sporadic in Lk St Clair this year. I heard good reports out of Gino's today so we headed out there and caught only small fish between two guys so go figure. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Bob
The trick to being a happy fisherman...is to be EASILY PLEASED... John Geirach At The Grave Of The Unknown Fisherman

Offline sledheadsx6

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • cabin fever !!! i need to go fishin !
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2008, 08:24 PM »
iam heading out there tommrow afternoon its been hit and miss i heard but it that way every where , i did better today over at brandenberg park .

Offline bobt0248

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2008, 09:48 AM »
 sledheadsx6

How was the ice at Branderburg? I heard that it has been a little shaky lately. And how was the ice clarity?  Hoping to get over there to spear a few before the end of Feb.

Bob

Offline craig mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2008, 12:15 PM »
I would try Gino's or Cotton Rd. I heard they're hitting on wigglers. Becarefull on the ice at Brandenburg, I heard there is some bad spots because of the current.

Offline sledheadsx6

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2008, 06:04 PM »
theres a good presure crack at brandenberg i said in from that towards shore right off the pier , everyone was out by the crack and were not doing good , only a couple of us shallow between the pier and the boat house to the north where doing good , and by the way i slammed jumbos last night at jefferson rd north base entrance, i was set up in about 3.5-4' of water to the south of the launch sandy weed bottom , had 10-14" come in 20 at a time didnt hear much from any one else , took home 31 , 9"-13" fat belly thick jumbos my first batch this year , jig from the bottom up about 2' used a marmish jig tip with wax worm , but i caught plenty with just the jig , i also caught them on plain hook tipped with a minnow keep it moving once its dead take it off they wont take it although i seen them eating dead ones off the bottom , also used a rapala tipped with a red salmond egg on the front worked good too . ill get some pics on here soon .

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2008, 06:12 PM »
theres a good pressure crack at brandenberg i said in from that towards shore right off the pier , everyone was out by the crack and were not doing good , only a couple of us shallow between the pier and the boat house to the north where doing good , and by the way i slammed jumbos last night at jefferson rd north base entrance, i was set up in about 3.5-4' of water to the south of the launch sandy weed bottom , had 10-14" come in 20 at a time didn't hear much from any one else , took home 31 , 9"-13" fat belly thick jumbos my first batch this year , jig from the bottom up about 2' used a marmish jig tip with wax worm , but i caught plenty with just the jig , i also caught them on plain hook tipped with a minnow keep it moving once its dead take it off they wont take it although i seen them eating dead ones off the bottom , also used a rapala tipped with a red salmon egg on the front worked good too . ill get some pics on here soon .

nice to hear about some good jumbo's strollling around that area!  can't wait to see some pictures if you have them.
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline tazdevil300

• Team IceShanty Addict
Tape Measure
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Out as I have seen that many jumbos caught at one time out of LSC this year but prove me wrong with your pictures.

Offline sledheadsx6

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2008, 06:24 AM »
well to me fat 9"ers classify as jumbos as well , so to you they may not all be jumbos but they are defently a nice group of way above normal for any where i have been this year so ! iam trying to get pics on here you can see i posted how to get pics on here !

Offline tazdevil300

• Team IceShanty Addict
I Agree
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2008, 11:02 AM »
That 9 inchers full of eggs are jumbos I saw your pictures and you did have some nice jumbos but I didn;t see any 13 inchers as you posted I have 3 on the wall that are 14 and I see no fish in your photos near that big but you did do alot better then I;ve done this year for size out there but I love it all the same as catching 8 to 10 inchers is fun when their full of eggs and real heavey.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.