Author Topic: Ht tip-up  (Read 1886 times)

Champlain laker

Ht tip-up
« on: Jan 13, 2004, 07:38 PM »
 Afther 2 years of using my HT tip-up is comming very ''stiff'' in very cold condition. When its new its working very good but now its to ``stif`` for wallyes and lakers. Do you see this situation whit your HT?? and do you have tips for me?

Thanks and excuse if my english is not perfect!!

My fishing area is the north of Champlain lake in Vermont side.

Ice Troll

Re:Ht tip-up
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2004, 02:13 AM »
Your HT tip ups should come from the factory with a water resistant/cold resistant grease in the shaft. You probably need to regrease the shaft to alleviate the stiffness. I believe that HT sells kits that you can accomplish this.

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2004, 09:31 AM »
CL,
Do you fish the Sandbar? I fish Miss bay mostly, but I go to the Sandbar once in a while for salmon, lakers. walleye, etc.

You want to re-lube your shafts. I'm not sure why they stiffened up so early on you...It usually takes years for that to happen. The big thing is when water gets into the shafts and freezes. Clean out the old lube as best as possible and re-lube it with a product called "Blu Lube" by HT. Here is a link for you....http://www.icefishingupnorth.com/Blu-Lube.htm

Champlain laker

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2004, 10:39 AM »
Thanks Essox for the information, i order the blu lube this morning! (1 lbs). My problem is probabely coming from the caring of my tip-ups in sled whit snowmobile. In transport(vibration) the water go down in the shaf and mix whit the lube.............I try other oil or grease and its not work......i will try whit the specific blu lube for tip-ups. And i will try to change the position of my tip-ups in the sled.

I fishing the area of sand bar at spring time and its good for salmon but no lakers at this area.........

On ice i fishing the Burlington -Colchester area whit my snow mobile........In this area its good for lakers and wallyes. The problem is the perch! to mutch perch. But the best place for Wallyes is the St-Laurence river in quebec. Lake Champlain is coming beter for Wallyes years afther years. The pleasure in Champlain is the possibilities to catch wallyes, salmon, lakers,rainbow.......in the same day!! I will go this week-end to watch the condition of the ice.............

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.