Author Topic: Spectra Power Pro ?  (Read 908 times)

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
Spectra Power Pro ?
« on: Feb 02, 2008, 02:44 PM »
Just wanting to get some info on this line , is there anyone who uses it and can comment on it's performance ?
I was thinking about putting it on my St. Croix Premier to jig with if it's a line that will preform well .
Any thoughts are appreciated .

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Spectra Power Pro ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2008, 03:23 PM »
It is a very strong line compared to it's diameter and for that reason it makes an excellent ice line,however that being said, it is a braided line and tends to hold water,which is not a problem if you're in a heated shack. If you use it outside in the cold you are in for problems. I should also mention that,because it is braided,it is also non-stretch and is good to get away from that 'spinning jig' thing.
Hope this helps
Tombo

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2008, 04:54 PM »
It is a very strong line compared to it's diameter and for that reason it makes an excellent ice line,however that being said, it is a braided line and tends to hold water,which is not a problem if you're in a heated shack. If you use it outside in the cold you are in for problems. I should also mention that,because it is braided,it is also non-stretch and is good to get away from that 'spinning jig' thing.
Hope this helps
Tombo
Thank you , Part of my concern was will it make the jig sink slower .
I have seen some braids will slow it a little .

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2008, 06:02 PM »
i use it all the time. works great. It does not appear to hold any water, as stated as a possibility in previous statement. i have it on some tip-up's and am gradually converting most of my jigging rods. I use it exclusively in the summertime. here is a link w power pro's claim to applying their product to ice fishing. The best line i have ever used.

http://www.powerpro.com/using/applications.asp

Snot Rocket
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline Pickeral Pete

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2008, 07:51 PM »
I use 100# on my tip ups and it has never been broken, even after 12 hours worth of 19# Pike and 10# Walleye.

Pete

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2008, 01:22 AM »
Hope this helps
Tombo

Just what Tombo said. I find it a bit too limp, likes to wrap its self around everything.
Yes it sinks slow unless u have some good weight on. I have a J hook under two good size splitshot
and it tracks good. Keep control of the line being feed and u should have no problem.
And yes it holds water and freezes, but so does my Fireline and my Fireline crystal ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.