Author Topic: Lowrance X67c Ice machine  (Read 1868 times)

Hermey

Lowrance X67c Ice machine
« on: Jan 12, 2004, 12:04 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the new Lowrance X67c Ice Machine.  I've been contemplating purchasing a Vexilar for over a year now, and I finally have convinced myself that I "need" some modern electronics to properly ice fish (I don't know how I got by for the last thirty years).  Anyway, no sooner did I decide that this would be the year that I buy, then along comes Lowrance with a new product to throw a wrench in my plans by creating doubt about what to get.

I have absolutely no experience with electronics other than a handheld GPS, which I don't use for fishing.  Any insight would be much appreciated before I lay down my $400+.  Thanks.

P.S. I'm not trying to start a debate by current owners about which product is better.  I have a good idea as to what the Vex can do, but I'm sort of in-the-dark about what the Lowrance does differently, if anything.

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
Re:Lowrance X67c Ice machine
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2004, 08:45 PM »
Okay, I'm the resident LCD advocate and Lowrance fan, but I'm not sure about the X67.  I vote for the X135 or X136df.  I think you're paying for a color screen.  It amazes me how people are so against LCD units as a rule, but want to get the first one that has color and displays like a flasher.  It still uses the same transmitter, transducer, reciever, and LCD screen as the graph mode, but puts the information in a round flasher type of display.  The X125, X135df, and all of the new LCDs have the flashgraph mode, so why spend your money on a color screen instead of power and resolution?

I use an LCD, and I'm getting a new one for me and giving my old one to my son.  I've had quite a time getting the one that I want, but I'm not even the slightest bit interested in getting a flasher.  

I used my LCD today in a way that a flasher CANNOT duplicate.  I was tired of sitting on my bucket, and stood up to stretch.  I looked around at the beauty of the day.  When I looked back at my LCD, I noticed that a fish had sniffed my jig and went straight to the bottom.  I dropped my jig down to him, and caught a nice 15 inch rainbow.  Had I been using a flasher, I would not ave known that that fish had paid a visit, and wouldn't have dropped down to the bottom and got him.

I could go on and on, but I'll give it a rest.

Fishrmn
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.