The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lime Lake - Sparta Area  (Read 7291 times)

Offline WMUAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
Lime Lake - Sparta Area
« on: Jan 26, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Was out on Lime Lake from about 11am until 6pm without much luck at all.  I pulled a 16" bass out, released him, and then the dumb ass, I mean bass, just hung out by my jigs for the next 30 minutes. I saw a couple of nice perch on the Aqua Cam, but couldn't get them to bite.  Anyways, this is my 4th time on ice this year without a single eater.   :-[ If anyone has any suggestions for next weekend, I'd love to hear them. The girlfriend is going to think I'm cheating on her if I keep coming home fishless.  :)

Offline fadgate

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lime Lake - Sparta Area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2008, 08:44 PM »
Well that lake is suppose to be loaded with Rainbow - Your time is sson hang in there- That's fishin-

1) Where was this lime lake located? in Kent county?

2) If the One in Kent county how deep were you fishing?

3) "                                "  What part of the lake?

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2008, 10:39 PM »
yes lime lake is in kent county, yes it is loaded with rainbows but not many people actually can catch them through the ice... it is only between random gills taht people seem to catch em. it is located right off pine island just before 17 mile
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline Chaddar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2008, 03:35 PM »
I went out on Lime Lake Saturday morning.  Not a single bite.  There were 23 guys out there and no one caught a single fish the two hours I spent out there.

Chaddar

Offline 187fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2008, 06:35 PM »
just in my opinion the should bring in the dirt and fill this lake in so we could just get it out of our stubborn heads. i fished this lake hard for the past 10 years and for the past 5 this fishery has been on a rappid decline and as far as ice fishing you can catch just as much in the  parking lot as you can in the water i would say dont even waste your time or patience on this lake, if your heading that way long lake around the corrner is a way better bet well i hope yall keep your spirits high and dont let me offend you if this comes accross the wrong way its just my opinion.. im be at meyers lake cathin fish good luck and if you do go i would stay on the south east corner of the bay off the boat ramp almost straigt out 15fow w/hali you can slamm those perfectpike baitgills. and maybee a nice pumkinseed or two good luck

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:47 PM »
I went out on Lime Lake Saturday morning.  Not a single bite.  There were 23 guys out there and no one caught a single fish the two hours I spent out there.

Chaddar

really cuz i was out there sat. morning.... in the big ice cube shanty and everyone caught a good amount... and lots of action on the camera

Offline BC Dorf 5600

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Sunday afternoon in the bay right of the lot was a skunker too.  Oh well i wasnt sitting on the couch like last weekend worrying about ice.

Offline fadgate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:55 PM »
really cuz i was out there sat. morning.... in the big ice cube shanty and everyone caught a good amount... and lots of action on the camera
[Hey Spartaman]

We're any of those fish you caught - Rainbows?

Offline WMUAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:33 AM »
I was fishing out of the Clam 5600 kind of in the middle of the cove right by the boat launch.  I saw some fat perch swim by the underwater camera, but I couldn't get anything other than that bass to bite.  Like I said, that was my first time fishing that lake, so I can't say that it's not good fishing.  I can't believe how quickly that lake drops off though.  I was 10 ft away from the shore in 20 fow.  If the ice holds in that lake, I might give it another try in a couple of weeks.  I really just want to catch some eaters though.  Bluegill, perch or walleye would be great.

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:36 AM »
70 foot max...give or take.

M.I.R.C. 

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:18 AM »
[Hey Spartaman]

We're any of those fish you caught - Rainbows?

No no rainbows....

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:19 AM »
I was fishing out of the Clam 5600 kind of in the middle of the cove right by the boat launch.  I saw some fat perch swim by the underwater camera, but I couldn't get anything other than that bass to bite.  Like I said, that was my first time fishing that lake, so I can't say that it's not good fishing.  I can't believe how quickly that lake drops off though.  I was 10 ft away from the shore in 20 fow.  If the ice holds in that lake, I might give it another try in a couple of weeks.  I really just want to catch some eaters though.  Bluegill, perch or walleye would be great.
yeah i also had an underwater camera too.... i had numerous pike go by and schools of 50 bluegills were moving by every 3-5 minutes

Offline WMUAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2008, 03:48 PM »
I saw a total of 4 perch, 2 bluegill and 1 annoying bass.  Next time I might have to slowly scoot my shanty over your way.  ;D

Offline WMUAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2008, 03:51 PM »
So what do you guys think about Lime Lake surviving the warm weather?  With the two separate layers of ice, I'm not sure what will happen over the next two days.   ???

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:23 PM »
i dont think many lakes will be affected my the warmup/rain... other than being helped! the rain will take care of the snow on top of the ice... will make pulling the sled much easier

Offline Darkness Z32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:57 PM »
i dont think many lakes will be affected my the warmup/rain... other than being helped! the rain will take care of the snow on top of the ice... will make pulling the sled much easier

thats exactly what I was explaining to a guy I work with today.  He was saying, "well there goes your ice."  I was saying nope, the rain will just get rid of the snow, maybe a little ice, but its going to freeze right back up by tomorrow night.

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:02 PM »
yeah lol, its gunna make some nice tip up chasing ice..... slipping and falling in the near future

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #17 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:06 PM »
You forgot about the Shappell Shanty Run. The more windy, the better!
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:28 AM »
I saw a total of 4 perch, 2 bluegill and 1 annoying bass.  Next time I might have to slowly scoot my shanty over your way.  ;D

Like the old cartoons.....Look away...the shanty moves to you...look at it it stops.....look away.... ect. 

This plan has Wile-E Coyote an acme written all over it.....LMAO

M.I.R.C. 

Offline WMUAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
Stop Raining!!!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2008, 04:07 PM »
I'm very interested to hear an ice update on either Wednesday or Thursday for Lime Lake.  I'm sitting in the office nearly in tears because of the monsoon outside.  I know it's suppossed to get very cold tonight, but we're also going to get snow.  Someone please tell me that I'm crazy and we'll have plenty of ice by Thursday, please...

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2008, 04:19 PM »
the ice will be fine there was a lot of snow on top of the ice that will take a beating b4 the ice will

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #21 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:36 PM »
the ice will be fine there was a lot of snow on top of the ice that will take a beating b4 the ice will

Good call Spartaman...if you'll give me another shot...I will most likely be on the ice during the "Boringbowl".

M.I.R.C. 

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 30, 2008, 08:06 AM »
the boringbowl... it willbe boring cuz its gunna be a blow out

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #23 on: Jan 30, 2008, 09:40 AM »
the boringbowl... it willbe boring cuz its gunna be a blow out

No joke.  Ill bring a radio and hopefully get the game but Ill be fishing Sunday.  I may go out to Muskegon.  My father reports 5-6 off 2nd street....  My old pike water.....

M.I.R.C. 

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 30, 2008, 09:42 AM »
No joke.  Ill bring a radio and hopefully get the game but Ill be fishing Sunday.  I may go out to Muskegon.  My father reports 5-6 off 2nd street....  My old pike water.....

ive never ice fished over that way.... what lakes are good in that direction?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.