New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Hedges lake  (Read 2818 times)

Offline zigal65

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hedges lake
« on: Jan 20, 2008, 06:20 PM »
Any one catch trout at Hedges ???  Just wondering if they come out of the ice???/

Offline prtrout

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Hedges lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2008, 06:26 PM »
Zig
I've ice fished Hedges a few times and never had any luck with trout. But unfortunately I can say that for alot of places
Love many trust few so paddle your own canoe

Offline chicobeagleman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2008, 08:31 PM »
Any one catch trout at Hedges ???  Just wondering if they come out of the ice???/

I've never heard of ANY trout in Hedges Zig.... :tipup:

Offline Big Worm

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bring a Lantern, thats when they bite...!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2008, 08:59 AM »
I have fished hedges on a handfull of occasions and never knew they were in there until a local walked out earlier this year before the thaw and filled me in. They have stocked a pretty good number of browns the last few years, and with the number of Ciscos the northerns should leave them alone for the most part. I have not fished it for trout yet, but plan on doing so this year. It is a very nice lake with a wide variety of fish and some monster perch. If you ever get the chance to get out there it is beautiful and some really nice fish. :tipup: :laugh:
Flag Up!!!! FISH ON!!!!

Offline zigal65

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2008, 09:26 AM »
i fished there once last year with my buddy who has a camp there. I caught a bass andd that was it. But this year i am going try for he bigger northerns that come out of there i have never seen come out of there but i am going to try to jigg some cisco up and fish with them. If you have and info you would like to tell me i would greatly appericate it. ;D

Offline old geezer from here

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hedges lake & old has beens
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2008, 10:52 AM »
I've never heard of ANY trout in Hedges Zig.... :tipup:te]-------hey rookie -- nudder rookie here--old geezer from hell  >:D  'live with in spitting distance from you over in cambridge ,being a gimpy old fart  :wacko:the wife likes me to go ice fishing with a partner for safetys ;D sake haven't been out yet this year ,but planning to hit hedges soon ,along with cassyuanuna ,saratoga ,champlain , and  hopefully to tupper :icefish:if you don't mind tagging with a 63 yr old poop ,i would love to have some one to tag along with during the week ,or week end with  me and my son-in-laws--you probally know them---give me a shout on pm---------lou :tipup: :%$#!:missed nudder one
Dang-it....missed another

Offline zigal65

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hedges lake & old has beens
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2008, 11:39 AM »
I've never heard of ANY trout in Hedges Zig.... :tipup:te]-------hey rookie -- nudder rookie here--old geezer from hell  >:D  'live with in spitting distance from you over in cambridge ,being a gimpy old fart  :wacko:the wife likes me to go ice fishing with a partner for safetys ;D sake haven't been out yet this year ,but planning to hit hedges soon ,along with cassyuanuna ,saratoga ,champlain , and  hopefully to tupper :icefish:if you don't mind tagging with a 63 yr old poop ,i would love to have some one to tag along with during the week ,or week end with  me and my son-in-laws--you probally know them---give me a shout on pm---------lou :tipup: :%$#!:missed nudder one

what are the names of your son-in-laws??? are they still in school??

Offline edp13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2008, 04:58 PM »
I've never heard of ANY trout in Hedges Zig.... :tipup:

wow is all i can say lol
Slaying fish on the hard water

Offline jon in ct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2008, 08:24 PM »
Just curious, if there's trout in there does that mean the season's closed now?  I don't necessarily understand NY's trout regs for ice fishing, I don't want anyone getting pinched.

Offline old geezer from here

• Team IceShanty Regular
s-i-l name
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2008, 09:01 PM »
what are the names of your son-in-laws??? are they still in school??
       harrington- :wacko:-2 son-in -laws are cousins--both are in late 30s :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Dang-it....missed another

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.