Author Topic: Monticello area looking promising!!!!  (Read 834 times)

Offline wrightap

• Team IceShanty Regular
Monticello area looking promising!!!!
« on: Jan 02, 2008, 06:48 PM »
  Checked a cut on Freeman and a couple of ponds.  The cut on Freeman had 2 to 2.5 inches and both ponds I checked had about 2.5 inches.  Hopefully with the weather tonight and tommorrow I will be able to get out on Sat. in the rain.  Let you know.
Adam

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Monticello area looking promising!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2008, 08:39 PM »
I fish both Norway and Oakdale dams. Anybody ever try the open water  fishing below the dams during winter. Its great fishing in the spring and summer.If you don't forget your DAM bait.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline wrightap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2008, 06:18 AM »
 My brother has been catching a few walleye but few and far between.
Adam

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2008, 07:56 AM »
I,ve had a cabin trailor on freeman for the past 11 yrs and my dad had it before me until his passing in 99. I used to be at Holiday resort till she closed down and am now at norway campground. I love the river during spring/fall. Rather fish it than anywhere in the state for eyes. Heck I named my son for what I love to do down there (RIVER). This time of year you can catch eyes at the dam, some days nothing, others a bonanza. In the spring and summer I prefer jigging the bridges downstream from norway and the old norway dam (blown up). If jiggin tight to the bridge cover doesnt produce, trolling is always a good ticket. Many many fish caught doing both. I have my fav spots on that river and its like a second wife to me (LOL) :laugh: I dont fish it in the winter much, never really seen enough ice (for me) cept maybe down by whiteoak and around some other turns. Come spring I am always down there in my sylvan sport troller and always willing to share the bite story. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.