The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: getting worried!!!!  (Read 7810 times)

Offline chilly feet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bait?
Re: getting worried!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 30, 2007, 06:08 AM »
Posting anything wil not get you fined... come on and be realistic... and to say that you're going to call your friend Bill... you need to go fishing and stop living by everyone's post here... So what if he took more than the limit... it's a private lake, he's not taking fish away from you, or anyone of us... we can't fish it, so who cares!

thats the problem anymore.nobody cares.
two many fish or not on a private pond,its the regulations.
be a real sportsman and follow the rules.

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 30, 2007, 08:35 AM »
thats the problem anymore.nobody cares.
two many fish or not on a private pond,its the regulations.
be a real sportsman and follow the rules.

I don't keep one fish I catch, I release everything... BUT your license fees aren't going towards that private pond or upkeep.  Hey if the fishing gets bad they have no one to blame but themselves.  You mean to tell me if the state puts no money into a private pond/lake, that they have to abide by their rules? If it's not open to the public, why do public rules apply?

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 30, 2007, 09:38 AM »
On a side note... here we go again off topic just like every other post here!
The original post is.... Worried about ice... well there's ice out there!!! No go and get it!

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #33 on: Dec 30, 2007, 11:21 AM »
On a side note... here we go again off topic just like every other post here!
The original post is.... Worried about ice... well there's ice out there!!! No go and get it!
Why don't you post the conditions on the conditions board if there is so much ice out there help people out!!
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 30, 2007, 12:26 PM »
Why don't you post the conditions on the conditions board if there is so much ice out there help people out!!

Marshrat, Tone it down some. Negative posts bring negative replies. There's no need for that type of post. The guys in the Northeast have been reporting ice conditions, so calm down. Cold weather is on it's way.
Ken                                          

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 30, 2007, 12:47 PM »
Marshrat, if you look, I have posted conditions, and what do i get... grief.. people saying that what I said wasn't good enough.... Look at Fairview for example.  That is one of the reasons why I don't post conditions.  i try to help people out and they're still not satisfied... and I'm not saying it's you... you'll see the post

I didn't see one post about safe ice at any of the lakes I fish, but guess what... I went for a ride with my gear and low and behold I was fishing 3 days straight...  People have become to dependant on the internet that they forgot how to do some leg work, I'm guilty of it myself.  If I trusted my instincs I would've been fishing 2 weeks ago, instead of a few days ago, so my ignorance has bit me in the a$$ and missed out on some good fishing!

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #36 on: Dec 30, 2007, 03:42 PM »
 Marshrat, Take a drive, ck out the lakes at higher elevations. The bigger more popular lakes are open water now, but smaller gems are ripe for fishing. You'll notice that the boards quiet down when there is ice, nobody wants 500 guys out on thier favorite little pond. I've been icin for almost 40 years. 10 years ago if you wanted to know the conditions at a lake you drove there and punched a hole. If the ice was good, hooray, if the ice sucked, too bad, maybe next weekend. This site is a great resource, as well as many other sites on the net, but you gotta get out there and look yourself, sometimes these folks are sneaky, when ice is scarce, nobody opens thier mouth. BTW I stood on atleast 4 1/2 to 5 in of good ice 3 times in the last week and a half between pottville and lehighton.
Jim K.

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #37 on: Dec 30, 2007, 04:27 PM »
Marshrat I guess not having any ice is making you uptight, Its kinda of like not having sex..  ;)  Go to the true northeastern Pa and we have been icefishing since deer season but we all had to go out and find it otherwise we would still be sitting looking at the net hoping that our JOB would be done for us. Mad iceman even reported about ice back on 12-10 including pics.  Can't do more than that.

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 30, 2007, 04:52 PM »
Im sorry I post every trip out why because I like it when everyone else posts to I just got back from Icefishing and you can bet I will post.
Christopher S Neal

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 30, 2007, 06:14 PM »
ohhh geeze ...calm down fellers.....the big freeze is a coming ...then we'll all have plenty of ice to play on.... ;) ;D...btw..i'll be out for the first time this year tomorrow.. ....lake huntington in sullivan co. ny....(about 10 minutes from narrowsburg ) saw 2 guys on it today not far from boat launch...ice looks iffy (i didn't check..) but i'm gonna give it a go...will post results....play nice guys...we Penn boys are supposed to be the friendly  folks ::) :laugh:

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 30, 2007, 11:59 PM »
play nice guys...we Penn boys are supposed to be the friendly  folks ::) :laugh:

We ARE???...LOL ;)

Offline BEERNBAIT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 31, 2007, 12:15 AM »
this is a public website, so why is there postings of private ponds?  I can see showing us pic's, but saying that pond XYZ has 7 inches of ice, and we kept 80 fish, doesnt help anyone that cannot fish that PRIVATE pond.  Show us pic's, but dont brag about good ice if the only thing someone is fishing is private.

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 31, 2007, 05:29 AM »
Im sorry I post every trip out why because I like it when everyone else posts to I just got back from Icefishing and you can bet I will post.
Well, how did you do?
Jim K.

Offline Madcap_Magician

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing forums make me feel like this!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 31, 2007, 07:06 AM »
I've quit posting on this site, not worth the hastle.  No matter what you say about anything all it does is start an argument.  I came here to help others and learn, not to argue and have to defend myself about anything and everything I post.  I get enough greif at work don't need it here also.  I've deleted or removed the contents of every one of my posts on this entire IceShanty forum - this site is just not worth it.  I'll let you idiots fight among yourselves.
My 2nd rule of gunfighting: "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.  Ammo is cheap.  Life is expensive."[/color]

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Dec 31, 2007, 07:41 AM »
come on guys...... >:( bickering gets us nowhere... ::) don't lose sight of why we do this in the first place....priv./ public/big fish /little fish /etc..who the heck cares ....make it fun again...we all have enough crap going on to make us miserable...lighten up & have a beer...its a new year..... ;) ;D

IWIKEPIKULS

« Reply #45 on: Dec 31, 2007, 09:54 AM »
You know, this can be a whole new thread - but I'm not going to be the one to start it!!

I think some of the reason the arguments are between the NE and everyone else (including NJ) is the weather conditions in NEPA are so extreme compared to most of the other parts of PA (Somerset area not included).  I think it's hard for people 20 miles away in whatever direction looking out their window and seeing green grass and reasonable temps, then us NEPA people are talking about how good the ice conditions are.  People have a hard time believing it.  Even where I live, my neighbors ask me where I go every day and I tell them ice fishing, they can't believe there is enough ice out there to hold someone up.

You have that right. I know I've had sunny skies at home and in the mid 30s and my buddy got a few inches of snow only 15 miles away. This was all in the valley. Called my parents in the Poconos and they didn't even get more than a few flakes. Amazing what a difference 5-10 miles can make out this way.

Offline ranger22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 31, 2007, 10:46 AM »
Amen madcap it's a shame it's like this but some people would
rather sit at home and hide behind a screen name than go
check things out for themselves. Good luck on the ice.

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Dec 31, 2007, 10:52 AM »
You really can tell people by there posts
Christopher S Neal

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #48 on: Dec 31, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Hey Ranger22, I see we're neighbors, I live over the hill in Vera Cruz, I have a buisness in town.
Jim K.

Offline ranger22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Dec 31, 2007, 02:21 PM »
oh yea maybe we know each other. where do you do most
of you fishing.

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #50 on: Dec 31, 2007, 03:37 PM »
 Beltzville, Mauch chunk, the lehigh, susky, Lake Ontario, all over.
Jim K.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.