The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: turk lake  (Read 1528 times)

Offline jshankel81

• IceShanty Rookie
turk lake
« on: Dec 25, 2007, 10:17 AM »
just wondering if anybody has been fishing turk lake.Ice conditions?  I know that it can be pretty good for specks at times.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: turk lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2007, 12:09 PM »
There is good ice. I don't know the exact thickness. There are folks getting out there on snowmobiles. I would always avoid the area near the main road close to the bar. The inlet there is always thin ice. Straight out from the bar and around both directions from there and about 50 yards out from shore all the way around is always good fishing.

NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline jshankel81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2007, 06:00 PM »
thanks for the info.  Hows the fishing on tamarrack lake. I go there about 3-4 times a year and always catch little dink bluegills, but guys always seem to say at dark they catch crappies.But never know where to go out from or where to look.
you ever heard of penny lake or little penny. My grandpa always took us there in the winter when i was a kid. you had to pay a dollar at the house to get on.  I haven't fished it in about 15 years.Do you know any info about them lakes.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2007, 04:46 PM »
I drove by Turk Lake on the way back from Greenville around 4:30 p.m. today and looked like people were filtering out there for the evening bite of speck's. Also checked out Tamarack & Townline on the way. Only one person was on Tamarack at the south end. Normally the north end out in front of the cemetary is good for gills on that lake. On Townline it looked like people were heading out for night time fishing there too.
Hopefully tomorrow we'll be on the ice! We'll either hit Winfield or Townline (maybe both!).
                                                :tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.