Author Topic: Tub pics again  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Tub pics again
« on: Dec 24, 2007, 12:41 PM »
I am kinda getting a giggle over this series of shots of my laundry tub :D
Hope you guys don't mind indulging me.

Here's 2 pics of the whitefish I caught last Thursday. The first shows the first 4 I got in the morning. My buddy was getting skunked so we tried another 2 spots where we both got nothing but perch and tulibees.
We came back to the morning spot and I got another 4. Then 5 minutes before we packed up to go my buddy got his lone whitey of the day. Usually he outfishes me in the order of 3 or 4 to 1. Nice to be king once in a while. Lots of clear ice with only a little slush on the lake we were fishing. Lakes on the way in were severely slushy though. Windy conditions left much to be desired. Cold as a bugger :(
We both caught dozens of perch and several tulibees over the course of the day. Only a couple of perch were keepers though. It was one of the first times we never got pike there, which suited me fine.
The second picture I'll include is the infamous laundry tub scene where you'll notice that all 8 of my whitefish have been scaled, gutted and beheaded. I learned years ago to scale them on the ice because the mess from those scales is incredible. Even my garbage disposal can't chew through them.

PIC #1

PIC #2

I am taking a few days off of fishing but I'll be out again this Thursday and Friday. Not sure what I am going out for. Most probably one day for walleyes, not sure about the other day. Next week I am going for lake trout and will probably be fishing for them on at least a once-weekly basis.
Regards from the frozen north,
Glen
PS - Viciouscircle, the invite to join is still extended. Sled is absolutely a necessity this year though.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: Tub pics again
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2007, 06:41 PM »
THat invite for us all?
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2007, 09:07 AM »
Awesome report again! making me jealous here, ive had a couple of small walleyes and a couple pike in a whole week,!! i can get a sled Glen and i am available to fish on 27th, 30th, and then from Jan 2nd -11th any day, would love to join ya.
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2007, 09:41 PM »
THat invite for us all?

:thumbsup: Road trip whities, walleye and pike...I'm game  ;D

You really got into them SnakeHunter..Congrats!
Andrew

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2007, 09:34 PM »
If you guys want to make the trip to my area I'd welcome the company.
Sleds or quads are a must though. Ice conditions are good for sledding but with lots of slush in some areas.
I wouldn't risk my truck yet. Maybe another month or two, we'll see.
Any serious takers can send me a PM.
Regards,
Glen

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2007, 05:35 PM »
Very nice whites, I'll say  :o
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.