Author Topic: Aqua-Vu DVR  (Read 3413 times)

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
Aqua-Vu DVR
« on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:01 PM »
Hey Guys,

I just purchased a new Aqua-Vu DVR.

I was just wondering what size of SD card you are using in your DVR?

Have you found a size that is too large for the DVR? ( ie 1GB, 2GB, 4Gb or 8GB )

The onboard 64MB is not going to be enough for me...I was thinking about getting a 1GB SD card, but I wanted to hear what your feelings are (pro's/con's) to the size of card you are currently using and how long can you record for....

Thanks,

shawno  8)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Aqua-Vu DVR
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:09 PM »
I found 2 cheap dvrs for our not so fortunate aqua cam and anything with a tv out 

and this

the second one so far is better    and using 2 gig card for over 20 hrs of recording

second one is also a mp3 player camera and video camera    might be the best on the ice!  have it all in one!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:42 PM »
Im using a 1gig card this season, like you i found the 15 minutes provided by the 64mb was not enuff when on the ice for 8 hours...im thinking the 1g will do

Offline gunnerdk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:54 PM »
te

Tight lines!!

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 06:11 PM »
te

sorry gunnerdk...I'm not sure what this means??

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2007, 06:22 PM »
I would guess that after Christmas the cards will go on sale. That will be time to scarf up the high capacity ones. I'd load in the biggest one I could afford.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Boilerhawg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:42 PM »
When I bought my DVR, I put in a 256 MB card I had laying around to see how much capacity it would give me and if I'd need a bigger card.  The 256 plus the built-in 16 gives me about 244 minutes of recording time.  I don't need to record the whole day, so 4 hours gives me more than enough time to record any highlights, I just hit record when something swims into view(not always, sometimes I get all excited and forget ::) ).

I probably will get a bigger card when stuff is way cheaper after xmas, but that's just cuz I like toys, not cuz I need one ;D ;).

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:55 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input so far...

If 256MB + 16MB = approx. 4 hrs

1GB is 4x larger, so is it safe to say 1GB = approx. 16 hrs ?

If that is the case, 1GB should be plenty for my needs...I plan on unloading the data from the SD card after each outing.  (But it is nice to have the room just in case I forget  :) )

Would anyone disagree with these numbers?

shawno  8)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2007, 01:32 AM »
I got the DVR last Feb.
I used the build in memory for that icefishing season but for this season I have a 1 GB card.
I was wondering how long a 1 GB card would last.

Good filming shawno. :)

W W

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2007, 07:22 AM »
your numbers seem right to me...approx. 16 hrs (1g card and built in memory combined)

i could not imagine needing more unless you go away for a week and are not able to off load the footage

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2007, 07:17 AM »
Currently I am using a 1G card. Provides plenty of memory for video as well as still captures combined. Best time to buy the higher capacity cards was Black Friday. 2G cards for $9 and 4G cards for $20. I don't think you'll find the quality cards of this size any cheaper. You may find cards this size cheap but, chances are they are going to be cheapie cards and may or may not work/last.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Finally got the new SD card in the DVR.

I just wanted to let everyone know that in the Aqua-Vu DVR, a 1GB SD card = 16.3 hrs or 978min of record time.

shawno  8)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2008, 07:42 AM »
I found 2 cheap dvrs for our not so fortunate aqua cam and anything with a tv out 

(Image removed from quote.)

and this

(Image removed from quote.)

the second one so far is better    and using 2 gig card for over 20 hrs of recording

second one is also a mp3 player camera and video camera    might be the best on the ice!  have it all in one!
The first one records to a tvv output format that isnt compatable with anything I have found yet except for the tv now machine but will play back on a tv or the like.    then Id have to recapture it to the computer   too much hassle    the second unit is far better   only problem  the camera output doesnt fill the screen so there is an annoying strip on the bottom of the movie   but it is also a video camera and digital camera and mp3 player    much better an item   just no flash
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Gold Rush

• IceShanty Rookie
  • They don't call it a "bobhouse" for nothing...
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2008, 01:16 PM »
Where did you get your DVR? Seems that everyone is sold out of them. I got the Aqua-vu Scout II camera for Christmas and would like to get the DVR to record fish videos. Cabela's had them for $99 (backordered for at least 2 months). Even the manufacturer's website  http://www.naturevisioninc.com/shop_nvi/product.php?productid=18&cat=3&page=1 is out of stock.
You can't tell which way the train went by the tracks it left behind.

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Where did you get your DVR? Seems that everyone is sold out of them.

Hi Gold Rush,

I bought it online through Bass Pro Shops:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=73967&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

I bought mine for 99.00 US, but I see the price has now gone up to 149.00 US  :o

It looks like Cabelas is still selling the older style model for 99.00 US, so you better buy one fast if you still can!!  It works 100%

Too bad it is backordered for 6-7 weeks...maybe check in store??

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0029142018728a&type=product&cmCat=Search_Results_NYR&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=aqua+vu&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=aqua+vu&noImage=0

shawno  8)

Offline Captain Don

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2008, 04:35 PM »
Aiptek makes a recorder too...

Mainehazmt, what's the brand name on that 2nd one and do either use AA or AAA batteries?

Offline the duke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2013, 10:26 AM »
Can anyone tell me the battery life of an aqua vu DVR?  How many hours will it last if you keep it on all day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.