The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Ice is fine, GET OUT AND FISH!!!  (Read 2111 times)

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
Ice is fine, GET OUT AND FISH!!!
« on: Dec 23, 2007, 03:39 PM »
One day of warm and a night of rain is not going to effect this ice at all. We are having the best year for ice since I can remember, and everytime the temp gets one degree F past 32, there is always people complaining on here about the ice being ruined, unsafe, blah blah blah. Get out and fish it! This is the best ice year ever, don't jinx it!  This is yesterday in Pinckney Rec. area, Washtenaw county. 6 1/2" inches with a half inch of water/slush. This warmfront melted all the snow, and we are heading into another GREAT ICE MAKING WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D Merry Christmas!

You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
Re: Ice is fine, GET OUT AND FISH!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2007, 03:56 PM »
I'm planning on fishing somwhere tommorrow. I'll post a report on the ice when I get back

Offline 10FrozenToes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2007, 04:44 PM »
I,m going to try to get out tomarrow if I can get anyone to go with me.N kent lake ;)

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2007, 04:53 PM »
whats the status on long lake... on 17 mile???
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline sightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's a method to my madness!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:43 PM »
amen, you don't know wasup until you try, so load your gear into the truck and go scope out some ice. You might just be surprised and go home w/ a ton of slabs. The old saying "no news is good news" is probably true. First ice no one in their right mind wants to go telling about all their hot spots and honey holes still having safe ice. Its just human nature. For all the people wanting to get out in Kent county, I guarantee you Big Crooked has at least 5 inches still. Ive fished that lake for the past 16 days.
"Oh honey don't worry ice fishing season is almost over"     Oh Yeah, then we got steelhead, then bass, then big lake salmon, then fall river salmon........etc.
 "As fish go through the water colume, so do the days of our lives".

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:33 PM »
I know the ice is good. I just don't have enough room in the living room with the tree and all to set up my stuff and get my gear squared away.  Besides...I am still taking care of some of the deer still around here.  I made 30 lbs. of venison salami this week.  And I still have room for more in my freezer!  I don't know whether to shoot more deer or catch some fish.  Maybe if I fish a remote lake I can jig for fish.... and when I get cold...drive some deer in the swamp.  I wonder if clam makes a holster attachment for the clam pro?  And if they did would it be a side mount, for easy access..or would it be like a gun rack in the back of your pickup, behind you?     ::)
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2007, 02:03 PM »
I think I am about done with the deer. Between me, my brother and dad, we have PLENTY of venison. Our family has taken 8 deer since the opener of archery until the current private land late doe season going on right now. I am concentrating on the fish now! Went out to Green earlier today. Shore ice bad in one spot, off the point, but the rest of the  lake is locked up solid though. 5 to 6 inches on Green. Caught a few perch outta there this morning. Late start though.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2007, 02:55 PM »
hey just got home from long lake on 17 mile....  we got out there just after 11 and right away i caught about a half dozen nice specs... then it dropped off, then a tip up went off and we got a 25 inch pike! that was it for tipups. The rest of the day was all picking and choosing between dozens of bluegill, perch, and specs
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2007, 03:49 PM »
I think I am about done with the deer. Between me, my brother and dad, we have PLENTY of venison. Our family has taken 8 deer since the opener of archery until the current private land late doe season going on right now. I am concentrating on the fish now! Went out to Green earlier today. Shore ice bad in one spot, off the point, but the rest of the  lake is locked up solid though. 5 to 6 inches on Green. Caught a few perch outta there this morning. Late start though.
Were you fishing the Green Lake off of Kalamzoo? If so I've never ice fished it before and always wanted to try it. Its the closest lake to me, but its so busy in the summer I always forget about it in the winter.

Offline sightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's a method to my madness!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2007, 04:44 PM »
Were you fishing the Green Lake off of Kalamzoo? If so I've never ice fished it before and always wanted to try it. Its the closest lake to me, but its so busy in the summer I always forget about it in the winter.
There's no way Green off Kzoo has 5-6" of ice.
"Oh honey don't worry ice fishing season is almost over"     Oh Yeah, then we got steelhead, then bass, then big lake salmon, then fall river salmon........etc.
 "As fish go through the water colume, so do the days of our lives".

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2007, 06:09 PM »
Good to know SB I will ne out right after the holidays.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.