The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: LOOKS LIKE WE GET TO START ALL OVER ?  (Read 2103 times)

Offline jls48161

• IceShanty Rookie
LOOKS LIKE WE GET TO START ALL OVER ?
« on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:25 AM »
well was hoping to get out on ice while off work for the holiday but this rain thatEWwe are getting not sure...  plz anyone in S.E. mich that has a ice report post.  im in wayne county and will travel a hour for ice.  Anyone help me out ?  Thanks all and have a safe and a very MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LOOKS LIKE WE GET TO START ALL OVER ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:38 AM »
Dang, You beat me to the gun. I thought I was gonna be up early enough to start this one myself. Sure doesn't feel like xmas anymore. Kinda puts you in that limbo feeling around Feb-Mar time.

Offline jls48161

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:49 AM »
yes i agree  liked the snow on the ground and the ice on the lakes.  my birthday is thur and planned on be on the ice fishing and drinking cold beer.  looks like ill be in the garage sitting on my boat thinking about fishing and drinking cold beer.  Have to see what happens but here the rain is still falling and fells like September  not December !  guess it could be worse ??  no  dont think it could get worse... could it ???? :(

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:54 AM »
heck i think of we get another inch or two of rain you might be able to get your boat back out. Actually now there's an idea buy a airboat for next year at least you can fish over the side. I saw on one of the michigan outdoor shows last year that guys either near or in ohio use them out on erie. I'm up near flint and I can see bright skies a few miles to the east hopefully with a nice cold snap behind it.

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:12 AM »
Guess I'll get the shotgun back out and go shoot me a Doe

Offline Elk5012

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hey PIKE ME!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:35 AM »
DANG IT! I was planning for ice fishing this weekend and after Christmas. Looks like I'll have to gas up the truck and head way north.

Offline 10FrozenToes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:35 AM »
Not so. I,m in the GR area and most of the lakes around me will only take a day to recover i think.  

Offline 187fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:40 AM »
i have fished several lakes in central and northern kent county this year and these lakes all had at least 6 good inches of ice so i think that the ice will hold out if it gets cold tonight !!!fish tommorow !!!

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:44 AM »
this rain and warmer temps will work in our favor.  almost all the snow is now gone and with colder temps hanging around all week, lakes will again be fishable by next weekend.  just hang in there and enjoy the holidays, fishing again will soon be near!
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:47 AM »
Melting the snow off the top of the ice and the little bit of rain that we picked up over the night in this area will only help the ice out.  As soon as the freeze hits tonight, we'll have an extra 3 inches or more on top of what we had before.

I'm looking forward to this holiday week.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:49 AM »
this rain and warmer temps will work in our favor.  almost all the snow is now gone and with colder temps hanging around all week, lakes will again be fishable by next weekend.  just hang in there and enjoy the holidays, fishing again will soon be near!

I have to agree with this. Get rid of the insulating snow and your upping ice production. I had 4 inches of ice at the cottage with about 12 inches of snow. We didnt gain an inch of ice in 3 weeks despite some negative temps. Ice with no snow will form fast. Hell if you have water lying on top of the ice that will even freeze faster.
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:22 AM »
The cold is back boys, its 29 degrees in tecumseh so it cant be far behind you guys  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:29 AM »
The cold is back boys, its 29 degrees in tecumseh so it cant be far behind you guys  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i hear ya howie, i woke up this morning at 8:45 and it was 48 degrees, now it's 34 degrees and dropping quick!  i have goose bumps just thinking about it!  low tonight is going down to 20 degrees, will freeze that rain quick.  fish on boys, it's ice fishing time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Well,I would prefere a solid batch of ice and not the good,grey,good,grey stacking but we'll take what we can get...

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2007, 11:17 AM »
27 degrees now fellers so that ice aint goin no where were all good, ;D low of 23 tonigh high of 29 tomm. were all set. but will be shallow water fishing for the next couple of days...lookin for gill no walleye fishin for a week
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline sightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's a method to my madness!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2007, 12:20 PM »
All the lakes and ponds that had 3" or more should survive easily. This weather will help them out. Be very carefull on the lakes or frozen bays that you where ice fishing that had open water. Today and tonight strong winds if blowing the right direction could ruin or destabilize the ice. If the winds die tomorrow I will try to get out for a few hrs.
 Be safe and have yourself a MERRY CHRISTMAS!                  Jay         
"Oh honey don't worry ice fishing season is almost over"     Oh Yeah, then we got steelhead, then bass, then big lake salmon, then fall river salmon........etc.
 "As fish go through the water colume, so do the days of our lives".

Offline jls48161

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2007, 01:23 PM »
WOW  50 when i this thread started few hourslater and its only in the high 20's.  damn you have to love michigan!!!
  Well give it a few more hours and we will see where we are at !!  whats going on arounds this state !!  LIONS look like they might even win on !!  lol !!

Offline craig mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2007, 02:50 PM »
The weather man said it will be in the 20's at night all week. I hope he aint full of $%!*. I'm ready to get out there. My dad lives on Burt lake (cheboygan) and they are catching browns and perch. His neighbor caught a rainbow, brown, walleye, and a perch a couple days ago. Not sure how big they were but he said they all keeper size. I might have to make the drive on up.

Offline bradh86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:45 PM »
shore ice sucks but i made it out on millhouse  in grand haven yesterday there was still 2.5 inches of ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.