The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Cranberrry lake  (Read 1560 times)

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Cranberrry lake
« on: Dec 22, 2007, 07:55 AM »
Hey, since cranberry is pretty much the only lake with decent ice around me right now i think i might go out there.... but i remember cranberrry being a night lake... is it even worth going out there before dark or during the day
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline Darkness Z32

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cranberrry lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2007, 09:16 AM »
I didnt have much luck during the day out there last year, and it seems that most people move on to the lake around 5 or 6 pm.  You could try your luck during the day, but like I said, in my experience night time is best

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2007, 09:18 AM »
you been out there yet this year

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2007, 04:29 PM »
i just went out to check and see how the ice was and there was about 4 inches of solid clear ice out there.... buncha guys out there! talked to a few but they werent catchin ne.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2007, 07:13 PM »
fishing during the day can be alrite if you can stay on top of the fish. I fished it all day and ended up finishing my limit right before dark, mostly specs. It's one of my favorite night lakes. The ice was still pretty good when I left 4" or so but the weather isn't looking good for tommorrow with high winds and rain. I might be packing up the ice fishing stuff for a little while and pulling out the bow. I'd like to hear from anyone who fishes it tommorow. It'd be nice if the ice would make it through sunday :-\

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2007, 07:15 PM »
Hey, since cranberry is pretty much the only lake with decent ice around me right now i think i might go out there.... but i remember cranberrry being a night lake... is it even worth going out there before dark or during the day
ive fished it a bunch of times durring the day and have had good luck with bass and pike

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2007, 07:37 PM »
u think the ice will last threw the morning.... its pri gunna be cold enough to freeze some of that water

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2007, 06:43 AM »
I wouldnt go out on any kent county lakes for atleast 4 days after this above freezing spell dies........you never know when you are going to find that extra thin spot on the ice.

Offline 10FrozenToes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:44 AM »
my buddy went to turk today still had 4-5" but had thin spots where any spring was.I think we should have good ice on christmas.

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:55 AM »
wheres turk lake??

Offline 10FrozenToes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:08 AM »
off m91 n of greenville

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:24 AM »
we all will have safe ice by mid week.  temps are supposed to be at freezing or just above, but overnights are going to be low 20's to mid 20's.  this inch or two rain will freeze solid in about 2 days.  ice will then be 5-6 inches in most areas.  just don't check the accuweather 15-day forecast, it will make you mad! :nono:
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:52 AM »
The forcast is looking good until the end of the 15 day. Don't get too discouraged though. Accuweather is always changing the long range forcast, and I've found that their predicted highs are usually warmer than the actual. Its pretty diffucult to predict 15 day of weather, heck I could probally do just as good a job. I'm calling for highs in the 20's next week :D

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2007, 01:14 PM »
Accu weather is anything but...accurate. 

M.I.R.C. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.