Author Topic: stop licking the darn thing  (Read 726 times)

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
stop licking the darn thing
« on: Dec 21, 2007, 09:20 PM »
Hi all,
Well I've been out 2 nights in a row out the front of the house(Lake Wabigoon) and not much action to report I'm afraid, since my posts last week the fish have all but dissappeared.

Good news is the ice road is open now so having no sled it will only be another week or so before i venture out with the truck(i dont own a sled yet) and try to track down the fish, there is one drop off point with all sorts of structure and depth that i fished this summer which i cant wait to get to, only a 10 min drive across the bay but a long haul on foot!!

Now, for those of you with your mind in the gutter what i am referring to in the title of this post is the fact that the eyes seem to be licking the minnows....and thats about it!! I figured it is presentation and it might take me a while to figure out what they like cuz the window of opportunity is only about 2 hrs at the moment at dusk and and you can only change rigs so many times in that space of time. Last night i skunked or blanked as we call it in England but at least tonight i caught a very small Northern, my camera is pooched :'( so no pics of the toothy little critter but at least it did not break my smallest ever northern record from this summer (see below).

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: stop licking the darn thing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2007, 03:42 AM »
Thats a cool picture! Did you have that little guy mounted?
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.