The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Ford lake, Washtenaw  (Read 2471 times)

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
Ford lake, Washtenaw
« on: Dec 18, 2007, 08:09 AM »
Was out for 2 hrs before the kid got cold (no school), off the Ford Park boat launch in 20-25 Fow.  Perch Bite just starting, two 11 inchers and some gills.  Saw some small eye's too.  Ice is spotty with 2 inches slush and 3 inches solid in some spots and some a solid 4 inches, but fishing should pick up.

Offline jls48161

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ford lake, Washtenaw
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2007, 12:04 PM »
i was thinking about trying there tomorrow for a few hours.  you the only one fishing out there ?

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2007, 07:51 AM »
you the only one fishing out there ?
No about 4-6 ppl.  Bite is slow but lots of marks, they come up to my jig then go away.  Got about 4 fish last night then the park ranger, or what ever he is called, called us off and closed the gates right at dusk.  Size is good this year on the perch, but I think they are feeding in the shallows which is almost not accessable do to the current, just yet.

Offline DonnyMac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2007, 09:08 AM »
Is this Ford lake the same Ford lake connected to Belleville lake that the Huron river runs through?

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2007, 10:40 AM »
Is this Ford lake the same Ford lake connected to Belleville lake that the Huron river runs through?
Yes

Offline DonnyMac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2007, 10:56 AM »
I am thinking about calling in on Friday and heading out there for the day.  Anyone else planning to be out that day?

Offline jls48161

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2007, 11:15 AM »
i might be there  hoping the ice still good,  this warm sucks when we are trying to get out ice fishing

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2007, 11:32 AM »
Hay fellas the fish bite right in front of the dock there and not but 30 yards out from the boat launch that ice ain't going no where I am going to be there today hopefully the warm weather has got em moving.  The few I got are starting to carry eggs.

Offline DonnyMac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2007, 12:18 PM »
I like it.  I am really excited to get out and going through all my gear tonight.  I am heading up to Gander mountain as well.  You prefer minnows or wax worms?  And you catch any walleye out there?

Offline jls48161

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2007, 04:09 PM »
ill be here tomorrow about 10 am  anyone else be there ?  like a update if anyone fised it this evening .... thanks send me a message if you like meet up and fish for a while

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2007, 11:50 PM »
I have seen perople fishing ford lake before, and always thought about trying it i did not know there was walleye in there, id be glad to fish out there if any ones interested i always like to fish new water, maybe friday if any bodys up for it...
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2007, 01:53 AM »
didn't know they had wallys either
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2007, 10:17 AM »
Was out this morning and nothing but I left for work right as things looked promising....o well.  Yea there is some walleye in there but so far I have only caught about 3 6 inchers.  I encourage all to try that lake has really cleaned up from past years.  I have talked with the park ranger, as we work hand in hand, and he said after reviewing recent fish surveys that this should be a great fishing lake.   

Offline jls48161

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2007, 03:24 PM »
fish it todays for few hours 2 nice perch right off the bat  then that was it   fished hour or so.  good ice  think it will be ready for saturday  :icefish:

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2007, 01:38 PM »
fish it todays for few hours 2 nice perch right off the bat  then that was it
Well thats about all I have been doing there I might just let her be for the moment I think its more of a mid ice type of lake, seem to do better after the whole lake is iced over.

Offline jls48161

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:37 PM »
yeah im with you on its better once the whole lakes in safe ice.  ill give it a few more weeks before i head back but it was good to be back on the ice before Christmas.  Merry Christmas to all !!    :thumbsup:

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:49 PM »
jls48161, try out in pinckney or waterloo rec. areas they all got 6+ inches and are producing.  You can print maps to the whole area's they have there own websites.  Four Mile has good ice too, in Chelsea

Offline snowman11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Anybody fish at the end of the day, I'm wondering how the weather took it's toll on the ice.   Want to get out first thing in the morning, not ford, but ford is in the general area.  scared of bad ice still.

Offline jls48161

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2007, 07:23 PM »
yeah think sunday ill be on four mile if ive holds up !  man i hate this good ice then warm and rain  !! 

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2007, 07:30 PM »
you might aswell plan on watching football the ice will be crap by sunday, i was out tonight and the top 2 inches has already turned to slush, hate to be the bearer of bad news but we might be getting the boats out by monday.... :-[ :-[ :'( :-[ :'(
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline snowman11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 23, 2007, 06:44 PM »
Anybody go out today?

I went out yesterday and it wasn't lookin good.  Got tomorrow, I can always find a dock to fish off...then Thursday will be next actual fishing day. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.