Author Topic: TEAM NH  (Read 5765 times)

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Re: TEAM NH
« Reply #30 on: Dec 20, 2007, 07:09 AM »
No we launches out of Rye Harbor, we caught maybe 6 fish for the first 6-7 hours....very slow, then as all of the boats were heading out around 3 or so at the spot we were at.....BAM all of us were hooked on to big cod over 30lbs I even carried up a 40 Lber and a 50Lber all at once, I had a 40lber on my diamond jig and I also snagged dustins 50lber somewhere, leaving dustin thinking he lost it until I brought two jigs up. Broke my shakesphere 35lb rod though because the two fighting cod were so heavy...lol. Jigs definetly out fished bait although we did have some 40's and 50's on clam strips. Best Cod fishing of my life, I hope next year with my new Center Console we can repeat that day. ;D. How did you manage this year CaptSpike? Any tuna?

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 20, 2007, 08:44 PM »
No we launches out of Rye Harbor, we caught maybe 6 fish for the first 6-7 hours....very slow, then as all of the boats were heading out around 3 or so at the spot we were at.....BAM all of us were hooked on to big cod over 30lbs I even carried up a 40 Lber and a 50Lber all at once, I had a 40lber on my diamond jig and I also snagged dustins 50lber somewhere, leaving dustin thinking he lost it until I brought two jigs up. Broke my shakesphere 35lb rod though because the two fighting cod were so heavy...lol. Jigs definetly out fished bait although we did have some 40's and 50's on clam strips. Best Cod fishing of my life, I hope next year with my new Center Console we can repeat that day. ;D. How did you manage this year CaptSpike? Any tuna?

Rye, Hampton pretty close to the same area.
I didn't get out on my own boat too much this past year. Without the charter income it can get pretty expensive runningout to the ledge. We had some great trips and some not so great trips. We hit the school tuna pretty hard and only had one hook up to show for it. I think we started the troll too late and never got into jigging or casting for them. I did fish the canyons down south on my buddies boat quite a bit. Now that is an experience every fisherman should have. Its an expensive game but the things you see 100+ miles out in the gulf stream will amaze you. Our personal best was landing a 500+lb Blue Marlin and then competing in and winning the Martha's Vinyard top gun tournament. A lot of work but fun. His website is www.tunaciouschaters.com

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:09 AM »
I just signed up for tourny. I'll try and help out team NH I mostly target bass. Is there any way to see last years results.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline possumilk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lakes Region
« Reply #33 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I'm In... will be targeting yellow perch, crappie, pickerel, smallies, and largies.  Represent NH!!!
>))))))>

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:40 PM »
found it never mind
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just give me water hard or not and ill be happy
« Reply #35 on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:24 PM »
hey I'm in I'm new here but ill do what i can  lg mouth bass

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #36 on: Dec 22, 2007, 07:03 AM »
I work at the wentworth marina and a boat called Sugar Bear goes out to the canyons all the time and the first time he went out this year he caught 2 300lb big eye couple yellow fin and a 370lb blue fin, 4 coolers ful of dolphins, bunch of little tunny and a 900lb tiger shark(released), Ive gota get out ther next season, the fishing looks fantastic.

Offline thefinlessbrown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 22, 2007, 07:06 AM »
i'm in lakers pickeral and monster yella's at least thats what i dreamed last night lol

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #38 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:32 AM »
I still have yet to catch a big winni white perch. Any pointers on what coves to hit?

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #39 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:43 AM »
Last year I was fishing behind Shibley's (to the right of the launch at Alton Bay) out about 200' out in approx 20' of water. Early morning and both flags went up within a couple minutes of each other, each had a white perch about 15" long on it. That was it for that day on perch, following week moved up bay, no more perch.

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:12 AM »
I'm in! Mostly crappie.

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #41 on: Dec 23, 2007, 03:53 PM »
thanx for the spot recomendation, there will be plenty of ice ther on the opener of the big lakes in NH

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 24, 2007, 10:18 PM »
 I'm in.  Rainbows, bass, pickerel, pike,  and yellow perch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.