Author Topic: Public access BOQ Carrying Place  (Read 796 times)

Offline last5oh_302

• Team IceShanty Regular
Public access BOQ Carrying Place
« on: Dec 17, 2007, 03:41 PM »
Would somebody give some details on public lake access with parking between Trenton and Carry Place?
I was Googling that area of the bay, and it looks like there's an island right in the middle between Trenton and Carrying Place. Looks like a good spot to setup, without seeing depths anyway.

Offline fish_boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quinte Walleye
Re: Public access BOQ Carrying Place
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2007, 07:00 AM »
The island that you see in that area is not a good area to set up. YOu get very high currents and very thin ice.  You're much better looking at going out to the big bay area. Check with the cloal tackle shops in Belleville for safe ice locations.

Offline last5oh_302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2007, 07:54 AM »
The island that you see in that area is not a good area to set up. YOu get very high currents and very thin ice.  You're much better looking at going out to the big bay area. Check with the cloal tackle shops in Belleville for safe ice locations.

Thanks for the reply fish boy. Isn't there an operator that runs out of Carrying Place? I've read that a lot of people like to head out around that area and I was just wondering where the public access with parking is located. I'll probably land up staying at the Holiday Inn in Trenton, so I'd like to get some safe access points close to Trenton.
Thanks for the tip on the ice conditions around that island.

Offline last5oh_302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2007, 09:45 AM »
All the info is much appreciated fish_boy. I'm reconsidering my plan of attack now. Hopefully we'll meet up this season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.