Author Topic: Whose fishing where tomorrow in the Interior?  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
Whose fishing where tomorrow in the Interior?
« on: Dec 14, 2007, 11:08 PM »
Think I can sneek out Saturday to go fishing and make up working on the ice house on Sunday.

Just wondering where people might show up so we can gang bust the fish. ;D

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Whose fishing where tomorrow in the Interior?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2007, 01:52 AM »
nowhere for me this weekend...good luck if you get out!

Offline Pedey_13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2007, 03:47 AM »
got to work tomorrow hoping to get out Sun. Good luck to any one who does make it out

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:19 AM »
On call this weekend so fishing is out for me.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2007, 11:49 AM »
Sunday night in a bud's shanty fishing for char.  Turn on the green lights and let er' rip!  Last trip of the year... ;) 
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2007, 01:02 PM »
I would go Sunday but my wife has to go into work for some accounting stuff on the computer system with her boss and it can only be done when there is no one else on the system. So I can't go fishing during the day >:(  but I get to stay home during the day with the kid and I can work on the shanty.  ;D

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Had a great time
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2007, 04:31 AM »
Got out today for a couple hours in the midday ;D I hit 28 mile- no luck >:( then bathing beauty and there was a guy out spear fishing for pike that I saw earlier and he was still there but left shortly after I arrived, guess I scared him off or something ??? No luck there >:( either. So lastly I hit the old standbye, hope not to get skunked today lake.

I pulled onto the lake and saw a few cars and one guy just starting a fire in one of the huts. I walked up and asked him if he just got here ??? Duh!!! I should have realized that one. He told me he was up from Seattle doing some work for the Army and thought he would give it a try fishing up here since he has never ice fished in Alaska. I told him if he needed anything to let me know and I said I would be fishing over here as we introduced ourselves. He told me I was welcome in the hut because he was alone and had some Jagermeister ;D and then proceeded to ask me how I got over here and I told him I followed the road. He proceeded to say that he had to go and get his vehicle because he parked all the way over at the first pull off and walked across.  So I gave him a ride over to his ride so he wouldn't waste all his fishing time. He explained his ice fishing adventure in MN a couple of years ago with his family, pretty funny stuff because he didn't get much fishing done because he was busy making sure the kids stayed away from the 10 inch hole and so his wife caught most of the fish :laugh:  He told me he went to the big store and said he asked where some good local spots to fish were and they said Chena and they told him the ice was not very thick so after he bought a few things he ended up renting a hut on Chena Lakes. I told him that I couldn't stay very long as I drilled the four holes in the hut. He said he wished he would have broiught his lantern but we managed for a while with a flashlight, a clip on light, a candle and the stove. He then offered me a Jaeger bomb (Redbull and Jaeger) MMMMMM :woot: was I ready for some fishing.

We ended up catching a few fish but nothing big, you know nothing over 10 inches. He was hoping to catch one big enough for dinner and I hope he did  ??? because I had to beat feet to a Christmas party and I ended getting out of there about as fast as a herd of turtles.

So I had to rush home, jump in the shower and hit the road to the party while all the way there my better half was explaining to me why it was important to be home on time and how she will call me two hours before I need to be home and keep calling me until I pull into the driveway when I'm supposed to. Although it did help me a little bit that my mother-in-law was also running late and it all worked out in the end. I had a great time at the party, santa made an appearence for the kids and best of all we even got to hear Earl hughes and the Alaska Oprey sing the "I Fished Everywhere Man" song :bow: What a great bunch of guys and they play great music too.

YEE HAA!!! GIT R DONE :woot:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.