Author Topic: arctic armor suit  (Read 19849 times)

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I have been on top of the world, and theres no ice
Re: arctic armor suit
« Reply #30 on: Dec 27, 2008, 05:28 PM »
keep in mind, the plus suit and the reg suit fit diffrently. i have the plus.

Offline db1561

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My weekend home!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 28, 2008, 05:56 PM »
you do not want them too tight. There has been some people recently that have complained about cold spots with Arctic Armor. On another sight I belong to a guy was pretty upset about spending the money for something that did not "work" (who wouldn't be). He took his suit back and the retailer had him put it on and said it was too small and got him one size bigger and he loves it now, no cold spots!

Air is the best insulator. you want it loose enough to have a small air gap but not too big for the wind to blow up ur back or your body having to heat too much air btween u and the suit.

I love my suit, fits well and works well. Best thing is to try it on with ur layers. If u are ordering on line atlest try to try it on somewhere. I'm 5'11, 215 and have a med jacket and large bibs.

J-

I was the guy..With the small suit and it made a big difference when I got the larger one!  You must belong to michiganbear forums!  Small world   ;D

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 28, 2008, 07:27 PM »

I was the guy..With the small suit and it made a big difference when I got the larger one!  You must belong to michiganbear forums!  Small world   ;D

Nope but I belong to Michigan Sportsman, thats where I saw it. Maybe two people same problem? Glad you got it squared away though.

everyone have a happy/safe new year

J-

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 29, 2008, 07:23 AM »
thanks for the info guys. its helped my decision

Offline bddtshm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 04, 2009, 06:15 PM »
I'm 5' 8 190 lbs and that's around the size of ICEROGUE and db1561 and I just got the green Arctic Armor plus jacket in Medium after reading about the sizing of these outfits and the jacket fits fine with no layering but as soon as I put on a layer of Under Armor and a layer of fleece the arms get tight and it also gets tight around the shoulders but there is still 5" of room in the chest/stomach area???  I saw the picture of Bean wearing a Large red Arctic Armor jacket and it looked really big on him and he was 6' (4" taller then me) so I ordered the Medium size green Arctic Armor plus jacket. I'm wondering if there is that much of a size difference between the red and the green Arctic Armor jackets and if there is a big difference between a Medium and a Large jacket.  ICEROGUE, when you get your jacket replaced to a Large can you let me know if you're swimming in it and if the length is too long? Seems the green jacket sizing is oversized from front to back but the shoulder width and arm diameter isn't oversized that much. db1561, when you switched to an XL jacket how were the arms and overall length of the jacket?

Offline walkonwater1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 06, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I have the camo suit and have been wearing the jacket when riding my motorcycle (temps in the twenties)..I wear a t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, fleece and the jacket. Nothing get through it!
As far as on the ice..I have never been cold in it. The jacket can be too warm if you have much walking to do.
Sizing: I am 6ft 2, 225 and I have the XL bibs and jacket.. Loose fitting but not sloppy. I don't know if size varies between colored suits.
Complaints:
1) The zipper on the jacket can be difficult to get started.
2) The draw strap is too short on the pant legs.

Pros:
1) This is state of the art stuff..Super llite and super warm.
2) The material is quiet
3) The camo micro fleece is soft and comfotable even in cold temps.
4) Plenty of pockets.
5) Great hood with alot of material upfront that acts like a brim..
6) Draw straps/ stings/ velcro let you keep the wind out of everywhere.
7) Oh yeah, it floats!!   ;D
Kids that hunt, trap and fish don't mug little old ladies.

Big moves to find'em, small moves to catch'em!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 06, 2009, 03:28 PM »
I just talked with the people at fish 307 and it sounds like the bibs run small, Didn't ask about the jacket. Not getting the jacket at this time.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 06, 2009, 11:36 PM »
I ordered mine today.  Called 307, gave 'em my height & weight and they recommended medium coat and bibs.  I'm eager to get 'em and try 'em out. 

Jeff

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2009, 06:12 PM »
Ya wont be disappointed mine is probably the best investment i've ever made.  Was planning on wearing them for late doe season in illinois but just looked at the long range forecast and it say 35 F. I'm thinking AA will be way to warm for me!!!

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 12, 2009, 07:23 PM »
I received my Artic Armor suit today.  I think I'm going to be sending the jacket back to exchange for a large.  With the jacket zipped and just a t-shirt on, it is snug across the back when I cross my arms across my chest.  It gets really snug when I put any additional layering on.  I'm 5'8" and about 170#. 

Jeff

Offline ZEKE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 12, 2009, 07:58 PM »
yep coat is to small

Offline bddtshm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 12, 2009, 10:36 PM »
SkeeterJeff, did you buy the red suit or the new green suit?  I'm 5'8" 190 lbs and I bought the medium green suit and I had the same problem as you when I crossed my arms. Plus it was tight in the arms. I sure hope the large fits me.

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 13, 2009, 09:27 AM »
well i just got my large in and it fits "alot" better no more tight arms or knees. still the same amount of room in the chest and waist line area. very happy with the decision.

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #43 on: Jan 13, 2009, 06:08 PM »
Glad I bought the camo one as doe season-bucks with no horns comes in friday! I'll be the warmest guy in a tree stand!!!

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 26, 2009, 05:31 PM »
I bought the red colored suit. It is great, the bibs are almost too warm. I had planned on using them for cold weather fishing in my boat but I don't think that's going to work. I'll be sweating. The coat could be warmer though. I get chilly if I don't wear a couple layers under it.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: Jan 26, 2009, 11:11 PM »
SkeeterJeff, did you buy the red suit or the new green suit?  I'm 5'8" 190 lbs and I bought the medium green suit and I had the same problem as you when I crossed my arms. Plus it was tight in the arms. I sure hope the large fits me.

I bought the red suit.  The guys at 307 were great.  I called them last Monday and needed the jacket by Thursday, as I was leaving on a fishing trip Thursday after work.  They sent it out on Mon. afternoon and I had it by Wednesday.  The large jacket fits better.  I used the suit over the weekend in single digit temps and stayed toasty warm!!  Plenty of pockets, waterproof knees, etc.  I'm a satisfied customer!!

Jeff

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 28, 2009, 10:00 PM »
just for the record the gloves that come with the suit run a small to, if you normaly were a med go with xl

Offline Hunter5124

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Feb 09, 2009, 09:31 AM »
I bought the green & black artic armor plus suit. It is warm and comfortably, but the quality is the worst I have every encountered in my 30 years of ice fishing.  The first day I put it on the right boot cuff strap came unattached.  The Third day the other fell off.  Then the cheap plastic zipper broke (for $300.00 plus dollars you would think it could be metal).  Then the crossover on the bib straps came unattached.  And I have now owned the suit for 1 month!!! >:(   And finally don't bother calling or emailing I.D.I. the manufacturer, they won't return your call or email.

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 10, 2009, 12:10 PM »
im surprised :o, I have had no quilty issues with my pro suit. only thing I can suggest is get some pictures of the problems and keep hounding I.D.I untill they respond (although you should not have to) they may just be reall busy. I spoke with a spooksman for I.D.I a while back and they seemed more then happy to fix a problem or help anybody in anyway they could.

Offline Slay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you can't hunt---Fish!
« Reply #49 on: Feb 22, 2009, 12:30 PM »
What kind of a warranty comes with the IDI suit?

I am on the fence on this purchase and the plastic zipper has me concerned.  I am reluctant to buy any clothes without a YKK zipper.  Usually when a zipper goes bad, it is time to toss the clothes in the garbage.  I cannot imagine a suit costing this much having a cheap zipper... 

Offline Hunter5124

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 22, 2009, 02:58 PM »

Absolutely no warranty as I found out the hard way!!!
And the zipper is China's finest work.!!! Worthless plastic.

Offline Ripper10x

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Mar 07, 2009, 09:19 PM »

I am on the fence on this purchase and the plastic zipper has me concerned.  I am reluctant to buy any clothes without a YKK zipper.  Usually when a zipper goes bad, it is time to toss the clothes in the garbage.  I cannot imagine a suit costing this much having a cheap zipper... 

Same here Slay.  The flotation is a super selling point, but I am hard on equipment.  I guess I can always wear a PFD if need be.  Reeds has cut their prices on suits.  May have to consider some other options.

Paul

Offline Yopy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 07, 2009, 01:18 AM »
Hej.
I love it. I have one.
But I am a big gay.
Please make them in XL tall.
Please.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHA

Offline Wicked_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If it aint worth doin -- It aint worth doin right
« Reply #53 on: Dec 07, 2009, 08:19 PM »
I almost deid I was laughing so hard.  I even had to read some of the post for the wife to enjoy.

Offline Baitshop

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ross
« Reply #54 on: Jan 01, 2010, 09:35 AM »
I have the camo suit and have been wearing the jacket when riding my motorcycle (temps in the twenties)..I wear a t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, fleece and the jacket. Nothing get through it!
As far as on the ice..I have never been cold in it. The jacket can be too warm if you have much walking to do.
Sizing: I am 6ft 2, 225 and I have the XL bibs and jacket.. Loose fitting but not sloppy. I don't know if size varies between colored suits.
Complaints:
1) The zipper on the jacket can be difficult to get started.
2) The draw strap is too short on the pant legs.

Pros:
1) This is state of the art stuff..Super llite and super warm.
2) The material is quiet
3) The camo micro fleece is soft and comfotable even in cold temps.
4) Plenty of pockets.
5) Great hood with alot of material upfront that acts like a brim..
6) Draw straps/ stings/ velcro let you keep the wind out of everywhere.
7) Oh yeah, it floats!!   ;D
Floation and warmth! The most important factors! Mustang, Arctic Armor, Buoy-O-Boy...

Offline Fins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 03, 2010, 06:47 AM »
I just bought the black suit. I normally wear 2XL. I had to get the suit in XL and it fits great. I tried mine out for the first time. It was very warm, but the inside of my bibs were wet?  Not sure why.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #56 on: Jan 03, 2010, 07:08 AM »
I am into my second season with my IDI Pro (green) suit and I love it.  It is WARM.  If I am traveling far at all, I have to dress when I arrive in order to keep from overheating.  It is all that I expected out of a 300$ suit.  Size/fit was as recommended.  I feel like it could be higher quality in the way of workmanship but it would probably have to come at higher cost.  I would opt for a Mustang suit at that point.  I'm sure I will get many years of service out of this IDI suit.

Excellent value.

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
« Reply #57 on: Jan 03, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Fins: The moisture buildup is because the insulating material in the suit does not breath. That's the bad thing about these suits. I found I have to layer wisely when wearing mine if I'm going to have to walk far or drill a lot of holes. Fin

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #58 on: Jan 03, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Fins: The moisture buildup is because the insulating material in the suit does not breath. That's the bad thing about these suits. I found I have to layer wisely when wearing mine if I'm going to have to walk far or drill a lot of holes. Fin
I have never experienced a moisture problem with my suit.  Which one do you have?  There are different types of lining material, maybe that has something to do with it?  I only wear one layer of "under-armour cold gear" under my suit.  Sometimes a wear an under-armour hoodie, but seldom have the IDI coat on if I do.

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
« Reply #59 on: Jan 03, 2010, 10:46 AM »
I have the IDI Artic Armor camo one. Got it last year and have been wet since day one. Tried wearing less clothes but then get the cold spots on the arms and back of shoulders. So I've learned to layer and live with the inside of the jacket and bibs being wet. Fin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.