Author Topic: Pictures  (Read 11668 times)

Offline Bartman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re:Pictures
« Reply #30 on: Jan 01, 2004, 06:46 PM »
That one sick vegetable!

Ok - Here's a tiger and the bait I caught it on

Esox - I liked the boga grip in your pictures on your web site so I went out and got one. Great way to get the fish out of the hole and back in again.

Bart

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #31 on: Jan 01, 2004, 07:06 PM »
Bart...Good deal. I can't afford the real "Boga" so I got the fake Rapala one. Works just as well for what I do. I'd recommend putting a lanyard on it so you don't lose it. CTSriper used a coiled phone cord and I used a coiled keyboard cord. Put a good beaner on the end and you are all set.

Oh...and Bart. That's shark bait, not muskie bait.. ::)  ;) ;D

Bob

acsacmboy

« Reply #32 on: Jan 01, 2004, 08:58 PM »
they use cradles there. they wont allow the use of nets. cradles only. they do not allow fishinside the boat exept for walleyes. look at some of the pictures on the website you will see what i mean.

http://www.kesagami.com/contents.htm

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 01, 2004, 09:07 PM »
Esox,

what the hey is that fish the two your holding up at the docks are those freshwater drum or sheepshead as some call them?
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #34 on: Jan 01, 2004, 09:16 PM »
Nope...They are Blackfish aka Tautog, blacks, tog, etc. GREAT eating fish. I have a bunch in the freezer for chowder this winter.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 01, 2004, 09:17 PM »
ahh salt water thats why thought they looked funny too be  fresh drum
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #36 on: Jan 02, 2004, 06:07 AM »
1 Atlantic Giant Pumpkin Seed
20,000lbs of Grade A Manure
20,000 gallons of water
Lots of room
Lots of luck

Put the seed in the ground and stand back!
In july this baby was putting on 30+lbs a day!

Scott, I just showed my son the Great Pumpkin...he asks "How the He!! do you get a pumpkin to grow that big?"

RG

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Jan 02, 2004, 06:47 AM »

Scott
30 lbs a day! I always thought bamboo was the fastest growing plant. Did it make the record books?

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 02, 2004, 07:02 AM »
Esox, you have the Berkley Game Fish Grip right?
I love mine, do you?
Best tool for pulling those nasty pike and bowfin ( can't stop catching them) ???

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 02, 2004, 07:35 AM »
My first time posting pics...let's see how these turn out.  The first one is before I lost 60 pounds 2 years ago on a Canada trip (actually, both the pics that I'm posting today are from then).  

Notice the curvature of the fishes belly compared to my "old" belly, hence my nickname for the remainder of that trip was catfish... ;D

Now, the next pic is also a funny one...since everyone is posting their big fish, I thought that I'd post this one ;D.

Notice that I'm holding the pike horizontally ;D
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

CTStriper

« Reply #40 on: Jan 02, 2004, 08:05 AM »
WOW... You lost 60 lbs on a trip to Canada???? :o ;D Man... I oughta get up there ;)

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 02, 2004, 08:46 AM »
 ;D Naw CT, since then buddy (from March until now)...  I stepped on the scale in March at the doc's office and it read a whoppin' 268...an eye opener.  I had to do something because it conflicted with everything that I like to do (softball, ice fishing, etc.).  I also was tired of holding my breath each time that I had to tie my shoes, put on my ice cleats, or adjust my transducer to level it!  No worries now!

Here's some pics from our last ice trip last year in March.  I don't have many on the PC yet, these are courtesy of Bronzeback.  I just got a camera this year that will do the job, so many pics to come!

Here's one of genz man:

Bronzeback:

and me:

Kevin Wilson

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 02, 2004, 09:00 AM »
more pics (not ice fishing but fun) of members (well, Bob is a lurker):

Bob's Niagara laker:

JimC (an Iceshanty member) and his laker:

and me again:
Kevin Wilson

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 02, 2004, 09:09 AM »
I was going to post another one, now I'm getting these red x things.  The size of each pic is small, less than 50 kb.  What's going on?  Have I posted too many?
Kevin Wilson

CTStriper

« Reply #44 on: Jan 02, 2004, 09:11 AM »
You may not be allowed to link pictures from that site ::)...I copied the URL into my address bar and was told that I don't have permission to view the photo...

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 02, 2004, 09:22 AM »
It was working fine earlier today and when I log in it says that I'm below my quota.  I guess I'll have to build my own web site on my ISP... >:(.
Kevin Wilson

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 02, 2004, 09:26 AM »
Sharemation e-mailed me back and said the following:

"Your bandwidth quota applies to uploads to and downloads from your account for ALL users accessing files under your home directory. You will not be able to upload or download files until your bandwidth quota is no longer at its limit. Once the time over which your bandwidth quota applies has lapsed, you will be able to access your files again."

So, I guess that in a few hours we can see them... :(
Kevin Wilson

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 02, 2004, 09:29 AM »
Kevin,
    You may want to take your pictures to photobucket.com. I've found them very easy to use and it's free. Good Luck.
Ken                                          

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #48 on: Jan 02, 2004, 10:11 AM »
Fat Boy,

At Sharemation, you are limited not only by disk space but also transfer, I think only 5 meg. So every time somebody loads your pic, it adds up unitl you hit 5 meg then they shut you down until the next day, you get your 5 meg of tranfer again. With all the ppl loking at your pics 5 meg gets used up pretty fast. Go with the one Bean said I don't think that they have a quota on transfer. Better yet just upload them to your isp, you can link them from there.

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

acsacmboy

« Reply #49 on: Jan 02, 2004, 10:32 AM »
some great perch you guys got there! and thats a hell of a buck! how many pounds did it dress out as? thats a nice one.

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Jan 02, 2004, 12:49 PM »
Me with a small Rainbow out of the Bow River.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 02, 2004, 01:20 PM »
I'm going to move the pics tommorrow at lunch and modify my post so all can see.

Yep acsacmboy, we had a nice day that day on the ice.  

That was my best buck shot in 1998, here's the e-mail that I sent out to my buddies when I got back, "I went to Southern Ohio last week to hunt their gun season.  I used my new Remington 700 muzzleloader to bag a 200 pound (dressed) massive rack 12 point!  I am still pumped!

I hunted this area that I found last year, kind of a "mountain bowl" with multiple drainage to a large thick draw.  I saw deer every day but I was picky about my spot.  I narrowed in on what I thought was the best area moving my stand five times in three days.  On the fourth morning it paid off.  Up the draw about a 100 yards away came several does.  The big boy was trailing a hot doe, grunting the whole way.  I damn near fell out of the tree when I saw his massive rack.  They were moving perpendicular to my stand and I was looking for a clean shot through the trees when the doe did an about face.  The buck followed and I nearly shot when the doe turned and headed directly toward me.  The buck followed, as did my sights directly on him.  I had a clear shot when they were about 50 yards from me but I waited until the doe passed under my stand.  I shot him at 15 yards and he went down immediately.  I had to gather myself at that point because my nerves were causing the whole tree that I was in to shake.  I made sure that I climbed down from the tree using my safety belt.  What a bummer to shoot the buck of your life then fall out of a tree!

He was huge.  I was exhausted as I had to drag him half way up the mountain and down a logging road to a point where our truck could pick him up, about 3/4 mile away."

Coulda shot it with my bow... in 2000, the next year that I hunted that spot, the result was miserable...I can still cry.  Here's what happened, again, from an old e-mail,

"I hunted this past weekend in Ohio (shotgun season) where I shot a big buck 2 years ago.  This year, I sat in my tree stand in the same tree where I shot that buck.  I was looking down this draw and here comes this massive buck.  He was bigger than the one in the picture (I counted 10 solid typical points between 9 and 11 inches, and 6” brow tines, and a 2” ticker tine coming off of the G1, and what looked like a 3” drop tine of the left main beam).  The spread looked to be about 23”, well out from it’s ears and wider than it’s backside.  The deer works its way toward me as I put the crosshairs of my scope on my Remington muzzleloading rifle on its heart.  It gives me a 20 yard broadside standing shot.  I gently squeeze the trigger and I hear what sounded like a cap gun going off.  The percussion cap on my muzzleloader went off but the round in the chamber failed to fire.  I was helpless as my possibles bag was in my backpack hanging on a hook from the tree over my left shoulder.  The buck stood for 10 minutes looking down the draw away from me, thinking the sound of the cap came from down the hill.  As the deer walked up the hill, I tried to retrieve my gear.  I sought my nipple pick (for you smart asses, it’s a device to clean the piece of the gun that you place the percussion cap on) and another percussion cap in an attempt to get another shot off.  By the time I grabbed my stuff, the deer was gone.  I wept…(kidding, but felt like crap much the same).  I could have easily killed him with my bow (which I brought and attempted to hunt with after filling my first tag).

The story continues…15 minutes later, after reloading, I missed a shot at a doe that was 25 yards away through some small saplings as the bullet probably hit a tree.  Then, about 20 minutes after that, an 8 point walks up the draw on the same path.  As I praise God for delivering this second buck to me while I attempt to find the deer’s vitals in my crosshairs, the buck stops behind a tree 65 yards away and with a few sniffs of the ground, turns around and trots away.

The 8 point turned and ran when he smelled the trail of the dominant buck that he was following.  Had I moved my tree stand further into the draw (where I had initially planned to hunt), I would have had a respectable deer on the wall (17” spread).  The reason that I stayed up the draw was because we arrived in the woods late, right at first light.  I would have preferred to get there earlier, but instead set my stand up high so that I wouldn’t kick deer out and ruin my chances.

I have no idea why I missed the doe, except for the possibility of the bullet being deflected by a branch or a tree.  I shot my rifle later that day and it was right on.  The gun had never misfired before... I can just cry."

:-[I'm still crying over it!  Since then, I've upgraded from the #11 cap to using shotgun primers.  I've been back twice and haven't seen another deer like those 2.  A bunch of guys now hunt the property and have pretty much ruined my spot by cutting shooting lanes with a bulldozer and 4 wheeler trails everywhere.  The reason those deer used to come through there was because they felt comfortable there...no longer.  Gotta find a new spot.  I'll get my share of big deer but maybe not one like that monster!
Kevin Wilson

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Jan 02, 2004, 02:21 PM »
Sunrise in Alberta. (pic is Alpinehigh, & Roger)

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 02, 2004, 04:22 PM »
I've taken Beans advice...Thanks Bean!!!

In the future, I'm going to set up a web site of my own and use that but photobucket will do for now.

Here's one of me on my trip to NY this fall with a small steelhead...and without the big belly!

Kevin Wilson

aka Billy the Kid

« Reply #54 on: Jan 02, 2004, 04:32 PM »
Why is Kid Rock, posing for the pic with "your" pumpkin??? ::)

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 02, 2004, 06:01 PM »
Here's one of a 31 inch 10 pound 'eye from Lake Erie.
Ken                                          

acsacmboy

« Reply #56 on: Jan 02, 2004, 08:52 PM »
that is depressing.. good luck in the future! good fish every one!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 03, 2004, 06:04 AM »
WOW! Fatboy you look great. I now its not the same as if the young gals at the bank were saying it but Im doing my best here.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 03, 2004, 08:57 AM »
Thanks Mr S.! :)  My wife has since made me shave the beard...now I look like a kid... :P  Good news is that I almost feel like one again!... almost...
Kevin Wilson

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 03, 2004, 09:38 AM »
I worked with a guy who said," I might be 43 but I feel like a 21 yr old." This girl overheard him and said,"I`m 19, will that do?" I almost croaked laughing.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.