Author Topic: Wabigoon?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
Wabigoon?
« on: Dec 07, 2007, 05:58 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a newbie here just saying hello, but would also like to know if any of you guys and gals are in the Wabigoon Lake area.
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline TomToolery

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Wabigoon?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:18 PM »
too close to Sioux Lookout to count   :tipup:

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Hey Tom,

I actually work in sioux lookout, you could answer a question for me too hopefully. My workplace is situated on Pelican Lake, according to the off road map book it is a trout lake...is this true?

Offline TomToolery

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2007, 06:04 AM »
actually I havent lived there in years   sorry  Pelican doesnt hold any trout of any kind  TT

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2007, 09:54 AM »
thanks Tom, i did not think it held trout either, but would have been sweetif it did.

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2007, 10:15 PM »
I am in Kenora. If you want to venture out this way drop me a line.
As for trout lakes - there are a lot more further west of you. In the Vermilion Bay area there is Gordon Lake which is really easy for you to get to. Closer to me there is Wonderland, Lount, Vermillion, Mountain, John, Mark etc. etc etc. Be careful this coming season though. The ice could be dodgy with all the snow we've received. I am heading out on Tuesday on Lake of the Woods for walleyes. Ice is about 8-10" everywhere.
I've been on Black Sturgeon and Rush Bay for crappies and there was an even 8". The trout lakes might be really slushy unless we get a break from the snow.
Regards,
Glen
PS - I am originally from the UK as well, Greater London area of Essex. Came over as a kid. Used to be a Spurs fan. I'll still fish with you though even if you are a Man U fan ;)

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:42 PM »
hey Glen!

I had to laugh, i'm reading your reply and see you used the word 'dodgy' and straight away thought to myself ....gotta be a brit....lol. I did it the other way round, moved to england from canada 32 yrs ago and moved back last Feb. Thanks for the ice tips, ive learned alot in the 2 short weeks on this forum. I'd love to meet up sometime, just finishing up work here till wednesday then off for 3 weeks!!!! I'm not a Man U fan....just a football fanatic...and that match just happened to be on, my team is MK Dons.
will give ya a shout sometime, great pics by the way lots more than i caught in a whole 5 days!!
BRING ON THE TROUT....JAN1st....can t wait!

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2007, 10:52 PM »
MK? Milton Keynes?
My wife is from Dunstable near Luton, she is more familiar with that area. She IS a Man U fan ::)
Drop me a line when you want to come for a fish. I work shifts so I am pretty much available to fish whenever.
Do you have a snowmobile or quad? It sure opens a lot of spots up to you if you do.
Anyways,
TTFN - Glen

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.