The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Oakland County-Lake Orion/Oxford Area  (Read 828 times)

Offline diddlepole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Oakland County-Lake Orion/Oxford Area
« on: Dec 05, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Greetings all, I am new here.  I am fairly new to the area (moved here last spring).  I notice there are quite a few small lakes in the area, and was just wondering where the best ice fishing is (with public access).  Looking for some panfish.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Oakland County-Lake Orion/Oxford Area
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2007, 07:35 PM »
Greetings all, I am new here.  I am fairly new to the area (moved here last spring).  I notice there are quite a few small lakes in the area, and was just wondering where the best ice fishing is (with public access).  Looking for some panfish.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Ive heard any of the lakes with public acesses are good
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2007, 08:57 PM »
Diddlepole - First of all.....a big Michigan welcome!  You'll find this site to be addictive!  Secondly, there are a couple of real nice hidden secrets, believe it or not, up there in your area.  I'm going to try and do some scouting this weekend.  Stay tuned!

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2007, 01:39 AM »
I am near ya just a bit norht in Lapeer but down in that area every day, Lake 16 on Joslyn rd has public access and is pretty good. the hard part is getting on most of the lakes as they are private. Bald mountain state game area has some lakes in it but not sure if you can get back in there. there is a lake just east of downtown LO that has a dnr lot. Lakeville lake in oxford is open ( take a quad or sled ) as you have to go a long way to get to decent depth.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.