Ice Fishing VT Board sponsored by

Author Topic: NEK Report 12/2/2007  (Read 970 times)

Offline Fish Whistler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Smelt. It does a body good.
NEK Report 12/2/2007
« on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Fished Spec. Pond in IP Sunday.  Knew it had been locked up since the last weekend of rifle season, so I figured it was a safe bet for the bait receipt.  Bait dealer hadn't gotten any bait yet.  All he had left was perch bait, a few heavy mediums, and some huge suckers.  No spikes, no crawlers!?!?!  Anyway, plenty cold Sunday morning.  Somewhere around 6 inches of ice.  Got some perch and three pickerel. 

After we ran out of bait, cruised up to Newport.  IP had a skim of ice.  Salem had 2 inches.  Two guys jigging perch on South Bay.  4 inches of ice there.  Down 91 to Joe's pond.  Before it locked up the wind had blown all the chunk ice down to the access and it looked pretty iffy.  5 inches by shore with less as you worked out.  Stopped at another bait shop, no spikes there either.

Will add pictures as soon as the guy I went with sends them to me.

P.
Most posts deleted at some point.

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NEK Report 12/2/2007
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2007, 02:31 PM »
any ice on Magog. Never been there but seen plenty of photos of fish from there.Needless to say I will be there this year?

Offline Fish Whistler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Smelt. It does a body good.
Re: NEK Report 12/2/2007
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2007, 10:42 AM »
I wouldn't bet on safe ice on the main lake.  I heard they got a foot of snow in the storm.  Went up to a certain pond that was frozen last week to fish for smelt, but it had added ZERO ice in 5 days of below freezing temps including one night at -5.  Ice is going to grow slowly on anything that was frozen before the snow. 
Most posts deleted at some point.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.