Author Topic: If you do ANYTHING different next season(besides fish more)..what will it be???  (Read 3420 times)

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
Just wondering...if you do anything different next season what will it be? Personally, I have a couple of nephews whose Dad's hunt but don't fish....I think I'm gonna try to get them out some and show them there is more to do when Deer season is over than watch Football or play video games...WK
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
Well this is what I do other then Ice Fish in the winter......cant hunt on Sundays, so fish all day Sunday.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=55885.0

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
I will definitely study lake maps more and try fishing more unfamiliar territory. It worked out well for me this year.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
I will go strictly with my portable from now on and will be changing locations where I fish where I wont get nailed with a parking fee
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Bassfishin1983

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin Till The Day I Die!
I seem to stick to one spot after i start to catch fish even if it slows down. So i probaly will try to more around more this year. I would also try to hit some lakes I have not fished before. I would like to catch a lake trout through the ice as well. I have never been able to do it.
Its Just A Way Of Life, Some People Just Dont Understand.

Offline Pork Rind

• Team IceShanty Regular
Same as Bassfishin1983,  move more.  I worked on that alot this year, but stillneed to do more. 

Fished my first Trap Attack w/Ice Team did not move at all got our limit that weighed 3.6 lbs.  6.5 won it.  Have to get off my fat a$$ and move.  :) :) ;D
Pork Rind

Clam Pro Staff, Vexilar Pro Staff, Lure Lipstick Pro Staff, Aqua-Vu Pro Staff

chimo

I'm going to target the pickeral around here a little more.  Caught a beauty jigging and it has me all fired up to see if I can get one bigger. 

chimo

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm gonna build a hard-side to keep on my home lake and keep the portable clam 6800 for road trips.  I also need to make a few modifications to the otter sled so I can tote the clam easier.  I plan on doing this stuff BEFORE the fall, cause once hunting season rolls around in September, nothing will get done.

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
Probably try to fish some new lakes and small ponds.

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well I will be living at the other side of ontario next winter so there will be a few changes...I will have to learn some new waters and techniques. Also I am going to be getting into rabbit hunting. Its going to be a bit of a change but it is going to be fun learning new waters and fishing for some other species of fish!!!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My biggest challenge will be (as it always has) to pack lighter.  The best fishing trip I had this winter, I used only a couple of lures...so why did I carry around 20 lb. of tackle?  The one thing holding me back from moving more (on foot) is the difficulty of hauling everything.  It's a bad habit.

Beyond that, I always like to try new waters and new species, so some exploring is always in order.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline brewer

• IceShanty Rookie
1.  Going to be tough with young kids, but I'm going to try and hit the ice at better times during the day.  I'll still take them during the middle of the day, etc. as it's important to get them out there.  However, it would be nice to be on the ice by daybreak once in a while.

2.  Spend more time jigging, and less time sitting in my chair with a beverage watching tip-ups.

3.  Hit some different waters.  There are many lakes around here, and it's easy to just fall into the routine of hitting the same one or two.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
I think I'm going to start leaving the tip-ups at home and concentrate more on jigging.  Having the tips out confines me to a small area which in some cases doesn't produce, then it's too much trouble to pick everything up and move.

Also going to get about 30 pounds of junk out of my sled.... don't use it anyway, so why am I hauling it around??

Also going to get about 50 lbs. of fat off my butt!!!

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
gonna get a vex and new auger. now that i have a portable shanty i'm gonna move around more.

steve

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Also going to get about 50 lbs. of fat off my butt!!!

ME TOO!!!!!!! :woot: :roflmao: :clap:

We need to poach broil and grill our fillets instead of fry them this summer. ;D

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac

We need to poach broil and grill our fillets instead of fry them this summer. ;D

Gee Skipper, I thought that was all Muscle! :D

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
:P

Its a gas tank for a fishing machine. ;D

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
stop getting stuck in spots that WERE once productive and also stop hitting the "community" spots I will probably fish alone alot more too much more motivated to move and actually catch fish rather than hear someone complain about lack of fish but will do nothing about it i.e. MOVE dont be afraid to drill holes for hours found out at the end of this year i may have to drill holes for the first hour or so on the ice to find what i am looking for but it is worth it. I would like to hit some new waters too. and of course fish more ;D

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
GOnna get the ATV set up a little better, buy a X-2 and get rid ogf the worn out yukon. :o

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Favorite Fishin Partner!
Fix up the snow machine (72 ski doo olympique , 399) and make myself a good towable , lightweight shanty , got a few blueprints picked out . And buy the boy a new set of snowshoes to keep up with me !
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!
TEAM MIRC NYRC Official Mic Of Mirc

Offline cheffy

• IceShanty Rookie

going to head out and explore some new lakes in the area. Then when hard water comes I have a good idea where to try.

Offline fishfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Yuck!! :sick:

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Boiled trout....or grilled northern pike....MHM

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born To FISH Forced To Work
I am going to try and introduce the sport of ice fishing to someone who has not done it before

Offline toguefisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My daughter will be a little older, so I hope to take her out more and my wife likes to go, but she didn't get out more then once with me this year.  Need to spend more time as a family out on the ice.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Trap my own bait and try to check out some waters during the summer to increase my chances when tha hard season comes around.

Offline toguefisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Maybe you'll even catch some fish next year tiny..... ;D

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
sharpen my hooks and get a gas-auger

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
fish with my pops some more

Offline putback

• Team IceShanty Regular
Take out my kayak, depthfinder, and GPS this summer. No fishpole, maybe a sixpack....... Find some new small spots that go unnoticed for next winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.