Author Topic: Gull Overnight Report...and ice report  (Read 877 times)

Offline Logan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "Ling King"
Gull Overnight Report...and ice report
« on: Mar 16, 2007, 12:42 AM »
So me and my fishin buddy did our annual overnight trip to Gull we got fishin around noon on monday and fished till 11am tuesday. We fished Wilsons and Brownlows and between the two of us we caught 2 bloody fish......one 7" Perch and an OK Ling. The fish were not active when we were there at all and the Ling are spawned right out already.

We headed to Sylvan at about noon on Tuesday and fished till about 5pm....got out limit in whites and a couple burbs but nothing to write home about size wise....whites were smoker size and the ling were small. The spawn was in full swing we seen i kid you not, easy 200 whites on camera and 100 ling but they were not interested in anything but screwing or eating eggs for the most part.

The ice at Gull was getting crappy, most of the shacks were pulled off our was melted almost 10" down into the ice when we got there, at Browlows there was a lake at the access point about 100ft x 150ft and about 1 foot deep. Tons of flood ice all over the place and the top 10"-15" seemed to already be rotten.

Sylvan seemed to have a little better ice but it was pretty soft as well, they closed the marina access while we were there most likely due to the truck that was halfway in the lake....

My advice walk out or use an ATV things are melting was too fast for my liking.
My wife told me that if I go ice fishing again she'll leave me. God, I'm going to miss her! :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.