The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: fishing open water in ice fishing season is it legel or not in maine  (Read 1677 times)

Offline fish time

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • i live to fish
fishing open water in ice fishing season in maine is it legal or not just wondering :tipup: :tipup:
from big ice to small ice i will be out there me and my bumpa

Offline kimball07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • race,fish,and hunt
ther are some fly fishing rivers open year round :-\

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tomorrow is a another day!
you cannot fish from ice into open water. but there are rivers that are open year round to open water fishing.
We do not own this land ......We are just borrowing it from our children!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dadstacklebox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice it!
Funny you asked, Someone asked the same question today. During the state wide derby, can I catch a pike in open water and enter it? We looked through the rules and only saw that you have to follow the Laws ? Nothing in the rules stating [ ice fishing derby ] ??  I guess the guy saw some big pike down behind  ******  on the river.  ;)
fire and ice go together like hate and love!
        Extreme Outdoors

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
fishing open water in ice fishing season in maine is it legal or not just wondering :tipup: :tipup:
Season dates: All dates are inclusive. However, it is unlawful to fish in inland waters while positioned on ice (waters must be naturally free of ice). Found in the open water regulations!

So I read that as if a water is open year round, and is free from ice (or your not on the ice) you can fish it as open water.

Offline Butch Moore

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • OOOOPS!!
Right now it's illegal in most waters in Maine, however a petition has been sent to IF&W to change this.
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Right now it's illegal in most waters in Maine, however a petition has been sent to IF&W to change this.

Who initiated the petition Butch?

Offline Butch Moore

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • OOOOPS!!
The petition was initiated by MIAA and NEOV.
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.