Author Topic: vexilar making noise  (Read 1940 times)

Offline icemanhunting

• IceShanty Rookie
vexilar making noise
« on: Feb 24, 2007, 11:34 AM »
I have a vex FL-20 and sometime it makes a whinning noise that after a while goes away and sometimes comes back.It seems to work ok when doing this,just wonder if it going to blow up.Anyone else have this problem?

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: vexilar making noise
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2007, 03:17 PM »
Mean like when a fish swims in or something totally different? My 18 hums and makes a louder noise when something flashes in.
Anthony

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2007, 04:19 PM »
I have a FL-8 se gens pack and it does the samething. Not sure why.

Offline icemanhunting

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2007, 05:18 PM »
I don't think that it is fish that cause the noise because I am fishing for perch in 40ft of water and there is perch there most of the time but the winning comes and goes.I proably should call Vexilar.
 Thanks for the replys

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2007, 07:29 PM »
Had the same problem a few years back. Sent my FL-8 to Vex, they replaced the motor. Could be the motor or the motor needs a new set of brushes. Brushes can be bought for self instillation.

Just my $.02

Fran
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2007, 05:15 AM »
My 18 does that every once in a while. I just tap on the top of the unit and it stops. It has been doing that since it was new. Still works just fine. It isn't marking fish when it does it. Still don't know why and don't care. 3 years old and still working great.

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2007, 06:51 AM »
My 18 does that every once in a while. I just tap on the top of the unit and it stops. It has been doing that since it was new. Still works just fine. It isn't marking fish when it does it. Still don't know why and don't care. 3 years old and still working great.

My FL-8 IS AS OLD AS ICE AND DOES THE SAME THING HAS FROM DAY ONE.  I DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT !
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.