Author Topic: HUNTS, EMERALD, OR SMELT?  (Read 1751 times)

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
HUNTS, EMERALD, OR SMELT?
« on: Feb 21, 2007, 01:17 PM »
IVE USED ALL OF THESE BAITS FOR EYES, WITH HUNTS PROBABLY BEING MY FAVORITE. THEY STAY LIVELY ON THE HOOK, AND THEY ARE A DIE HARD MINNOW. WHATS UR GUYS TAKE ON THE BEST WALLEYE BAIT TO USE ON A TRAP?

Offline Scientist

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: HUNTS, EMERALD, OR SMELT?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2007, 04:09 PM »
Unfortunately, in my area in the winter there are only two options: fatheads or the common shiner. I would really like to use alewives but no one carries them, only certain bait shops in June will have them.  What are HUNTs? Not familiar with them. :tipup:
breathing in, breathing out..this is life is all about ...We change when we start to make of life what we want.

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2007, 08:00 PM »
A hunts minnow is kinda like a emerald but twice the thickness, and their ALLOT more hardyer an active!!
I would never go back to an emerald minnow now that ive started using hunts. thier truly amazing!! i might use smelt one of these nights though, ive never used them before.

Offline Oilcan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2007, 09:11 PM »
A hunts minnow is kinda like a emerald but twice the thickness, and their ALLOT more hardyer an active!!
I would never go back to an emerald minnow now that ive started using hunts. thier truly amazing!! i might use smelt one of these nights though, ive never used them before.
Fishstalker,
Ever get around to trying smelt?

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2007, 09:21 PM »
Nope, i havnt had the chance to try smelt for walleye, but i do know a few people that do. They say that they work well, but they all would much rather use Hunts minnows. My own opinion is the same. Id much rather use Hunts. Its just if i could catch some smelt it would save me some $$$ for bait.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.