Author Topic: Shanty lights  (Read 10358 times)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Shanty lights
« Reply #30 on: Oct 27, 2007, 11:03 AM »
I bought 2  1156     48 led lights was very impressed hooked them up to battery with 2 on, voltage went from 12.22 to 12.17  pretty bright   also  bought this halo type led light  has 48 lights runs off of 3 aa batteries  its a tent light   was also impressed with it

I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 27, 2007, 01:05 PM »

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #32 on: Oct 27, 2007, 02:23 PM »
Anyone ever try 2 or more of these? I just bought one on ebay to see how bright it is-

http://cgi.ebay.com/Emergency-Portable-Flood-Lighting-30-LED-Light-Strip-AA_W0QQitemZ220164220752QQihZ012QQcategoryZ53149QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

6 AA Batts = 9 volts..    I wonder if it would work on the 12 volt batts that come with flashers, or would 12 volts be to much....
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Oct 27, 2007, 03:01 PM »
The hour ratings on the batteries aren't too bad (25 HOURS) I may just use the AA battery set-up. AAs arent too spendy, not like Ds

Offline joseph.dugay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Oct 29, 2007, 07:20 PM »
jbird68.. I ordered some of the lights ealier this year from www.pcboard.ca (the www.pcboard.ca/kits/LEDLite/) and have been very happy with the results. Although they are wired for 13.8v, I was running them at 12v (running with 10 Ni-MH 4200mAh sub-C cells) and they still produce tons of light and I can easily get 24 hours of constant running out of them before needing to charge the cells again.

When I purchased mine, I was able to get them without the tubes and saved a few dollars - contact them and see what they can do for you - they were very accomdating for me. I see they have round model now with 18-LEDs that I am thinking about getting next.

Joseph

Offline amortec

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • May Your Rattle Reel's Ring Often!!!
« Reply #35 on: Oct 29, 2007, 10:07 PM »
Vexilar has a light that fits right  on the pro pack .. powers up right up off the battery ...check it out on there web sight www.vexilar.com "they call it the flex light"
I only work so that I can afford to fish, hunt, & farm

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Oct 30, 2007, 12:18 PM »

Got this for my portables at Menards.The light heads turns 360 and tilt.No wires no extra weight of battery packs.The best lights Ive ever seen in a portable by far.

BTW the light bar clips on to the shack poles useing these slick boom stick holders I found at home depot.Works with square tubeing too.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Oct 30, 2007, 12:51 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Got this for my portables at Menards.The light heads turns 360 and tilt.No wires no extra weight of battery packs.The best lights Ive ever seen in a portable by far.

BTW the light bar clips on to the shack poles useing these slick boom stick holders I found at home depot.Works with square tubeing too.

(Image removed from quote.)   
I like the looks of those lights   are they LED??   if so what is the brand name and cost, as there is no menards up here in northern maine   prob none in maine at all  lol   thanks
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Nov 03, 2007, 12:03 AM »
Yes, there LED 12 all together 3 in each housing two light settings high and low. I was thinking about putting some red headlight tint on a couple of the lens Give my shack the hunt for red October feel.Down periscope! as I lower my camera :laugh: Ok its late Im nuts :o
Made by rite light.
$20 for the lights and a few more bucks for the holder
They might have them at home depot or lowes

Offline walleyekelly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 03, 2007, 12:53 AM »
Like Kybar, I purchased the First Ice 4ft rope LED lights from Gander last season and a battery w/charger($20) similar to the vexilar battery and was more than happy with how much light they put out in the shack (2-3man). I even had my hat clip on LED lights for when I was out of the shack doin some jumpin around from hole to hole but found myself lots of times taking the rope lights and battery with me. That battery will last for days if left on with those lights. I was happy with the purchase. There are some pretty sweet setups out there- this just happened to be what I used last year and wanted to post that I was happy using this setup then.
Bring on the ice!!!   

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Nov 03, 2007, 01:26 AM »
Used the same broom stick holders for my micosoft Zune Something to keep me entertained on slow fishing days.

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
« Reply #41 on: Nov 03, 2007, 10:30 AM »
the clam corp, who makes shanties ,sells led rope lights that use the batteries that you use on one your flashers

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Nov 03, 2007, 11:03 AM »
the clam corp, who makes shanties ,sells led rope lights that fun of of the batteries that you use one you flasher

those Clam ropes are about as bright as a candle, my dad blew $30 on a rope of them last season and we weren't impressed.

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
« Reply #43 on: Nov 03, 2007, 11:34 AM »
OHHHH never used them i only saw them on their site

Offline Coastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Nov 03, 2007, 12:18 PM »
It seems to take a lot of LED's to get sufficient lighting!

Offline walleyekelly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Nov 03, 2007, 05:48 PM »
I keep hearing the clam LED rope lights were disapointing, not so w the "First Ice" 4 footer at Gander, they are bright. I do use my vex battery to to run the lights as well, but when I am in my shack I purchased an extra battery to run them off of.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Nov 03, 2007, 06:15 PM »
I keep hearing the clam LED rope lights were disapointing, not so w the "First Ice" 4 footer at Gander, they are bright. I do use my vex battery to to run the lights as well, but when I am in my shack I purchased an extra battery to run them off of.

Yeah, I keep hearing great things about the "first ice" ropes- I am definitely gonna have to try them out.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Nov 04, 2007, 06:44 AM »

What is the power source for the lights? Can you turn each light on or off individually? Could you hook it up to an external battery? I like the size and the ability to aim each light seperately. We have a Menards close by, I'll have to see if they have these in stock.
jbird68

Offline fishinjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishin
« Reply #48 on: Nov 04, 2007, 12:02 PM »

6 AAA batteries
http://www.shad-rapp.com/Ice%20Fish%20Baby.mp3 
Past President Okauchee Fishing Club

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Nov 04, 2007, 04:36 PM »
What is the power source for the lights? Can you turn each light on or off individually? Could you hook it up to an external battery? I like the size and the ability to aim each light seperately. We have a Menards close by, I'll have to see if they have these in stock.

Runs off 6 aaa
no,cant turn them on or off individually but you can put tape over the lens
no external battery hookup but im sure the lights will run for along time maybe 48hrs dont know?

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Nov 07, 2007, 08:54 PM »
Well I got the first of probably 4 lights total I am gonna get off ebay. I bought one set first to make sure they were bright enough before I got any more, and I am pleased to say, I will probably go ahead and order the 3 more- heres some pics, they are pretty bright, but I figure 4 banks total and it'll be like daylight in the shanty:

Turned off:

In my dark shanty (in basement):

And what the shanty looks like lit up:

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #51 on: Nov 08, 2007, 07:58 AM »
Those look pretty bright!  You have a brand name for those?

Well I got the first of probably 4 lights total I am gonna get off ebay. I bought one set first to make sure they were bright enough before I got any more, and I am pleased to say, I will probably go ahead and order the 3 more- heres some pics, they are pretty bright, but I figure 4 banks total and it'll be like daylight in the shanty:

Turned off:

In my dark shanty (in basement):

And what the shanty looks like lit up:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.