Author Topic: X67 in 100ft + depth  (Read 923 times)

Offline ChrisinSTJVT

• IceShanty Rookie
X67 in 100ft + depth
« on: Feb 13, 2007, 06:31 PM »
I have been using my x67 in 4 to 45 ft of water with excellent results for perch etc.Tried it in some deeper water last weekend and I wasn't getting good results.
I could get the bottom really well but the water column was either blank (probably from lack of fish) or when I tried to adjust settings I could not find a happy medium with the sensitivity.
I guess I was wondering about initial settings for deep water.I know where it needs to be set for 4 to 45 ft should I have to make alot of changes for deeper water?Thanks for any help.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
Re: X67 in 100ft + depth
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2007, 03:00 PM »
I quess you should try setting your sensitivity to auto and look at your manual or download it from Lowrance. I have a harder time adjusting it in shallower water than deeper water especially the flasher mode.

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2007, 03:16 PM »
i have the same problems with my eagle...  it's making me very angry.  i have been going fishing with a friend that has a cheaper, self-contained unit from fishing buddy or bottom line or something, and it reads small jigs clearly all the way down to 130 fow (haven't tried deeper, but it wasn't fading at that depth), and my ice-fishing eagle only reads the jig to about 50 or 60 fow tops, and that's on its good days.  i'm trying to find time to sit down and call eagle to figure it out --  i'll let ya know how that conversation goes...

Offline Left Handed Model

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "I know it's backwards, I'm Left Handed..."
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2007, 01:00 PM »
You will more than likely have to max out the sensitivity to get any clear readings you will lose your top of the water column for accurate readings...  I haven't been in 100+ but in 70' I could see my jig..  the cone angle at 100 feet is a pretty large area and if your jig isn't directly underneath...you may not see it..  They say thier good for 600 ft...
Mike aka: Lefty,  The Yellow Pole Guy.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.