Author Topic: lake superior?  (Read 2988 times)

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
lake superior?
« on: Feb 12, 2007, 03:40 PM »
with the lake being somewhat iced over around marquette, i was curious on if anyone was ice fishing any other part of the lake?
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: lake superior?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2007, 04:16 AM »
most of lanse bay is froze up enough for safe fishing
da splake chaser

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Most of whitefish bay is iced over and I've seen people fishing from bay mills all the way down toward de tour

Offline icedflies

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2007, 04:37 PM »
people are out fishing in munising - hopefully I'm one of them this weekend

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2007, 09:20 AM »
any word on how thick the ice is? mqt is pretty well froze over now and am going to check the ice soon, no ice fishermen out yet tho.
-Sro

Offline LakerFisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2007, 09:00 PM »
I grew up in Marquette and rarelly saw anyone on the ice, you can wake up one morning and it will have all flowed out. So be careful out there!

Offline HuntCast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2007, 10:55 PM »
I grew up in Marquette and rarelly saw anyone on the ice, you can wake up one morning and it will have all flowed out. So be careful out there!

DO NOT go out on the ice in Marquette. Wind shift and either the ice is pulverized, or you are on your way to Canada. NO ONE FISHES MQT HARBOR!

Offline icefshninnh1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2007, 11:21 PM »
sweet a free ride to canada lol  here in new hampshire we dont have any lakes that big  but tis winter was bad for us no ice till a month ago and then we got hit with a big cold snap and the whole state locked up be safe and enjoy the hard water while it lasts ice is the poor mans way of fishing the big lakes with no boat heeded and we can have waterfront property with our bobhouses as long as the lake are iced over 1000000$ veiw for a few hundred dollars lol

Offline skeeter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2007, 09:44 AM »
I sure would like to see a pic with all the shanties on the lake if you have a camera. Skeeter
Best bass and walleye boat cleaner headquarters - Cleanest site on the net

Offline LakerFisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2007, 01:14 PM »
DO NOT go out on the ice in Marquette. Wind shift and either the ice is pulverized, or you are on your way to Canada. NO ONE FISHES MQT HARBOR!

alright maybe i sugar coated it a little bit... but listen to this guy, its a bad idea..besides the whitefish will be in to fish off the break wall soon enough.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2007, 05:31 PM »
2/18/07
fished the lower harbor sunday. when it was still below 15 degrees. over a foot of ice out there. didnt mark too many fish and had homework to do so left. two other guys out there when i was and 3 groups walkiing off. Was pretty safe in my opinion but had a ice report from reliable source before walking out there.

2/21/07
ICE IS BACK IN BAD CONDITION, Warm weather is melting and breaking up ice, shouldnt be long before we can fish the break wall again.

BREAKWALL FISHING: question actually, signs up by coast guard post, saying no tresspassing, is this only for vechiles? or for us fishing off break wall too?
-Sro

Offline LakerFisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2007, 11:51 AM »
The no tresspassing sign are reffering to that lake front to the left of the break wall before you walk onto it. The dont want you to walk down there and walk the shore to the lighthouse or something..not really sure, but I grew up around there and the coasties dont do anything but wave.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2007, 01:58 PM »
well i grew up here, born and raised and i've never seen those signs before, they have the whole parking area next to the coast guard chained off with these signs. its not how it usually is.
-Sro

Offline LakerFisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2007, 03:34 PM »
Really?? hmm I thought you just meant the sign that always had been there in front of where you park. It might be to keep people off it while its winter...i remember people slipping off. Give the Coast Guard station a call, I have asked them questions before.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.