Author Topic: Humminbird Portable ??  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Lagro Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Humminbird Portable ??
« on: Feb 09, 2007, 09:44 AM »
I have a LCR 400 id. How can I use my transducer? On the ice or in the hole? I have a  bracket that I made for it . doesnt work to good. I saw where somebody had a peace of foam on theres how do you keep it from sliding up and down? Any help be nice.
Always take a child hunting or fishing its our future.

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Humminbird Portable ??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2007, 10:09 AM »
I have a 1994 100 portable wide. It will not shoot through the ice. I find it to be an asset when using the fish ID mode. Excellent finding suspended fish. I just put the transducer in the hole and keep the wire bound up. The wire stiffens up in the coldso you should be able to angle it the way you want it I do notice it will start to freeze at 20F or less. If you are in a shelter, you should have no problems. Mine uses2 6volt batteries. the company says these should last 20 hours. If you can find rechargables, they said they may work up to 10 hours if they work at all. Hope this helps you! Chris

Offline Lagro Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Thanks HaveAuger will try that tonight or in the morning.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2007, 10:21 AM »
I primarily use my 400 and 400ID   both work great   I just hang it in the hole or use a bracket I made  Never had any problems! 10 bucks or so from ebay vs 300+ for vexlar    guess what Way I went (of course I use it in my shacks  not out in the elements!)
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline oldwolf

• IceShanty Rookie
  • My first wife hated fishing!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2007, 11:41 AM »
I fook two pieces of PVC about 1/2 in. dia, one piece 12 in and the other 24 in. Drilled through each 6 in. down Inserted nut and wing nut. Pieces now form cross with longest section 18 in. Drill hole at botton, take transducer with suction cup removed and run a bolt though it, insert through bottom hole in PVC and secure with wing nut.

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2007, 12:33 PM »
I've been kicking around buying a Hummingbird Portable version over a Vexilar 18. My co-worker says the benefit of a Vexilar is the ability to see your jig going and getting to depth. Do the any of the Hummingbird products pick this up?
Anthony

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2007, 12:47 PM »
I make my own micros (maybe 1/32-64th) and you can see them on mine as long as you are fishing directly below it. 

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2007, 01:29 PM »
Try something like this I made this with a styrofoam cone available at any craft store and some black tape. Floats nice in the hole and easy to use

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lagro Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2007, 03:35 PM »
Bass and Ice65 do know if I can get a transducer for my humminbird like the one in your pic? :tipup:

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2007, 04:11 PM »
Bass and Ice65 do know if I can get a transducer for my humminbird like the one in your pic? :tipup:
I don't know I have this model

And this is the transducer attaches to the metal brackett upper right of photo and hangs over the side of the canoe

Try this method if your transducer is the same. Drill hole down middle of styrofoam cone. Slice a slot from top to bottom and slide wire into cone black tape the cone. Use a small amount of superglue to attach the cone to transducer. The glue will not hurt the transducer and comes off later with nail polish remover. That is how I use to use mine before I got the x67c Ice machine. Good luck I hope this helps. :)

Offline Lagro Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2007, 08:14 PM »
Thanks Ill give it a try.

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2007, 08:35 PM »
Your welcome good luck :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.