Author Topic: Aqua veiw choice?  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Flatiron

• IceShanty Rookie
Aqua veiw choice?
« on: Feb 07, 2007, 03:02 PM »
I'm thinking about buy a camera to go with my vex. While looking at their web site factory outlet I see they have factory scouts for $150.00  and factory ZT-100 for alittle bit more. I would like a little input on the pros and cons of each. I like night fishing and I've never fished in more than 37 fow here in NW P.A. So which do you think would serve me better and give me the most bang for the buck?

Offline ice man

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Aqua veiw choice?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2007, 06:16 PM »
I have SV 120 and has worked good for 5 yrs. but as far as lights all you can see at night is little particles in the water. I would love to try a 360 or I think Marcum has a 360 degree view also.

Offline ejensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2007, 07:04 AM »
3 weeks ago I bought the Scout at Cabelas on sale for $159.00 with a $25.00 mail in rebate. They had all Aqua-vu cameras on sale and the rebates went up depending on which model you bought. If there's a Cabelas close you might want to check there.

Ed

Offline Flatiron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2007, 08:05 AM »
Ejensen, how does your camera work in lowlight/ nighttime?

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2007, 11:10 AM »
i just got the Aqua View Scout XL. It has 12 infared lights on it that help during daylight hours. If you are wanting to fish at night with a camera the only option is to get a camera that has spectra response lighting. Infared lighting will not work at night as well as you want it to. Just my 2cents.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline ejensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2007, 05:22 AM »
For night fishing it's not good, all you can see is little particles floating past the camera. Next fall my wife said we are going to get a Marcum 460 or 560. They have there lights above the camera instead of around the lens, I haven't personally seen it but have read many reports that says you can see a lot better at night with it.

Ed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.