Author Topic: Nimrod Power Auger Adapter  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Mr.Sodus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks
Nimrod Power Auger Adapter
« on: Feb 06, 2007, 08:11 AM »
Does anyone know if these really work?
The hype sounds great, but,......
Would be nice to not have 2 stroke mess every time.
Read the blurb, let me know, and Oh yeah, I already bought it on e-bay, just waiting for it...

Brand New
The Original Nimrod Ice Auger Adapter
#RD3448

From the package:

"Convert your hand auger into a power auger using only a cordless drill."

Works with the following hand augers:

Strikemaster/More
Strikemaster/Laser
Eskimo
Works with 3/8" or 1/2" cordless drill

Cuts up to 50 holes on a freshly charged battery.

Lightweight and easy to handle.

Cuts through 10 inches of ice in about 8 seconds.
Hey Charlie, the kid's got one on over here...

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Nimrod Power Auger Adapter
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2007, 09:24 AM »
Funny you should bring this topic up today!...I bought a nimrod for my finbore III but it required some modifications ie. had to cut off a few inches off the auger end and had to enlarge the hole the bolt goes through. that being done im going to go out and put her to the test i have 2 fully charged 18 volt batteries, a 4'' and 8'' auger. gonna drill holes with each till the battery dies i'll post later today with the report...if i survive the -20 degree wind chill  :o

Snot Rocket
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline jmny004

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2007, 10:44 AM »
My son made about three adapters himself, Use a 18 volt drill. WORKS THE NUTS. We basically panfish . Use 5 inch strikermaster(laser) cuts about 20 holes in 6-9 inches of ice. We bring a backup battery for the drill. Hint keep the batteries warm. The bigger the hole or thicker the ice the less holes you get per battery.  Sure beats turning that auger. And the damn noise of a gas auger. I fish for the peace and quiet.

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2007, 03:57 PM »
OK MrSodus here is the low down on the NIMROD...Using my 4'' auger (Finbore III)  and drilled 28 holes effortlessly through 10'' black ice.

Now more disappointing was my test with my 8''auger also finbore III but with reconditioned blades (maybe i should say deconditioned) only did 2 holes but i think if had good blades would have done much better auger was actually tracking across ice
   a little jogging the old craniumm and applying some geometry i came up with the following calculations 28 holes with 4'' auger, 19 holes w 5'' auger,12 holes with 6'' auger and 7 holes with 8'' auger assuming blades are in excellent condition.

Snot Rocket

PS trying to post video but experiencing some technical difficulty will try later

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2007, 08:40 PM »
still cant post a video!!! it will work if i use the correct link from photo bucket but when anybody clicks on the link it brings them to my entire photobucket account . anyway the videos speak volumes to the effectivness of the NIMROD.

any help w the vids would be appreciated

Snot Rocket

Offline maine_gunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2007, 04:49 AM »
i use one that my brother made
6 inch auger cuts 15 holes or so in 10 inches of ice (1 fresh battery)
it does eat up the battery with the 8 inch auger around 6 or 7 holes in 10 inches of ice
the drill is a craftsman 19. ? volt battery

we bring 3 batteries

Offline bugman990

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2007, 05:57 AM »
to late i just made an adapter for my old gas drill i had. i used an milwakee drill extension. drilled the proper placed holes to line up with the bit and done. the only thing i had to do was grind down the chuck part of the adapter. the powder coat was to thick. so $12.00 and 20 minutes i have a power auger. never thought of a cordless drill though. have to try that out.
"life is to short to be uptight"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.