Author Topic: aqua-vu vpg  (Read 1913 times)

Offline capt-t

• IceShanty Rookie
aqua-vu vpg
« on: Feb 05, 2007, 08:39 AM »
i have read quite a few postings on this unit i myself after this weekend am a 4 time user/owner of this unit i have read many reviews tips etc... i can with first hand knowledge post real info .great unit if you fish way away from other fisherman with any kind of units.if you fish close to other units horrible screen turning off your screen warmer(ice mode) helps a little. i gave it a very fair chance but mine is going back.my brother owns an vex i was hoping to piss him off buying a much lower priced unit with better results but that is defenitly not the case. i will own a VEX very soon you get what you pay for..........

Offline frostyicecold

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: aqua-vu vpg
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2007, 05:59 PM »
Well that's just great. I just got one and haven't had it out yet. Planning on going TUE / WED. The reviews have been mixed on this product, and confusing. So I hope it freakin works! I'm usually in an area with few people since I go during the week.
I'm sure keeping the receipt and box just in case.  ???

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2007, 06:38 AM »
My vpg has worked flawlessly, even nearby other units. Just had to adjust the noise a little.
 Notice that is capt. T's only post ::) ::)
 Sounds to me like he works for vex!
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline capt-t

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2007, 09:02 AM »
no i dont work for vex .i own a car dealership im a 20 plus year lake erie walleye fisherman.the reason for only one post is im new to the site.i found this site looking for opinions or tips how to correct the problem with the unit.i also called aqua view 218-825-0733 the say there aware of the problem working on new software as we speak possibly will be ready may.i really dont want to wait til then to find out problem may not be solved.so mines goin back.ps. the fish your seein on you unit are probably interferance from the other units........im kidding i couldnt resist ...sorry i cant explain why yours works fine wanna trade.

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2007, 08:47 PM »
 Ok peace 8)

That said their are 4 vpg's in my ice circle, everyone is really happy with them! Personally I have watched 2-4 hundred perch come to my jig and caught probably 80 percent of them. Several rainbows, several bass, and a few kokanee. The perch tend to come up, and the other's come down. It is a blast!! ;D
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline frostyicecold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2007, 06:39 PM »
Well I took out the VPG today . It worked awesome. When I did find fish , I saw 'em come right up to the lure. No problems with the display, sensitivity was at 0,  no interference. Glad it worked, now I can save money for one of them cameras. Watched a guy use one today, man they are cool.

Offline frostyicecold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2007, 06:42 PM »
Oh yeah, and I bought one of those vexilar floats for the transducer cord. Highly recommended so you can move it from hole to hole. Only cost like $4.00.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.