Author Topic: Aqua-vu cameras  (Read 792 times)

Offline bb243

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Aqua-vu cameras
« on: Feb 04, 2007, 12:50 PM »
I am thinking of getting either the scout II w/dvr or the Scout xl.  Both are similar in price @ Cabelas, but use different light (spectral response vs IR).  Does anyone have one that they prefer or love or any horror stories about them?  Cabelas also has their own brand for $179 but I am wary of trying something that I have never heard anyone talk about.  I plan on using it on the ice and on my boat.  Thanks.

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Aqua-vu cameras
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2007, 12:53 PM »
the scout works great for me. all these light types depend on the clarity of the water. i forgot which typer the scout has i believe its IR. when it starts to get dark the screen gets darker you might need the spectra response. but i have no complaints with the scout

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline bb243

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  Sorry guys, I just noticed the sub-board for electronics and found a lot of info there.  I have been on here for three years and never knew there were sub-boards under the main topics.  I ended up getting the Scout II with the DVR.  I plan on using it on the boat too and thought maybe the dvr w/memory card would 'back-up' some of my fish stories!

Offline jeff_83

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2007, 07:11 PM »
i have the scout II and never had any problems the thing works great, one of the best investments i have made.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.