Author Topic: Heat warmer body strips?  (Read 584 times)

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Heat warmer body strips?
« on: Feb 03, 2007, 07:12 AM »

Anyone ever try this?

http://www.bodywarmer.com/products.html

The coldest I've ever been in my life was in 40 degree weather in a boat with a drizzle and a bit of wind. Even though I was dressed pretty well, that damp cool/cold wind and not being very active in the big muscle groups, really started to effect me and seemed to effect my fishing buddy. We had to go back to the cabin that we were staying at several times to crank up the heat and get warm,...I found out that once your core get very cold it really takes a lot of heat to get warm again. One of those times it took a very hot shower to feeling normal again. It would be better to not let yourself get that cold in the first place,....I think at that time, I might have given my life savings to have gotten warm again.
Never felt that cold ice fishing.
Anyway I see that Sportman's guide has them in sale but wondering if they make much of a difference. Years ago, before thinsulate boots I jury rigged electric socks to accept a 12v battery. It was Like a Tim Taylor invention that could if you wanted fry yer feet,...worked well when I was in college and had a winter break job inspecting ships being loaded and you had to stand for hours on a cold deck in the wind.

They make two versions (from their web site) a plug in one and a recharge battery one. I believe you can get adaptors to do both.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.