Author Topic: Atlantis Underwater Camera Systems ??  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Lobo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hang in There !
Atlantis Underwater Camera Systems ??
« on: Feb 01, 2007, 01:46 PM »
Hi Everyone,
 Have any of you ever used an Atlantis Camera System ? Although I usually keep my ice gear simple and inexpensive, I have always wanted an underwater carera and am considering ordering one. It's between the Atlantis SportCam ll and the Aqua-Vu Scout.  Both are on sale and close to the same price.I have heard a lot both pro and con about the Scout but nothing about the Atlantis.

Any information pro or con would be appreciated

Thanks
Ross in Greenville, Mi.

God made the world 3/4 water and 1/4 land. So it's plain that he meant for us to fish 3/4 of the time and work 1/4 !

Offline samson

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Atlantis Underwater Camera Systems ??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2007, 02:27 PM »
i bought my atlantis two years ago and its still going.  little extra weight to carry but fun and educational...can't say enough good things about cams, there were days where i would've been skunked without one. 

Offline Lobo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hang in There !
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2007, 02:35 PM »
i bought my atlantis two years ago and its still going.  little extra weight to carry but fun and educational...can't say enough good things about cams, there were days where i would've been skunked without one. 

Thanks Samson,  What model do you have ? Have you ever used it in poor light or at night ?
Ross in Greenville, Mi.

God made the world 3/4 water and 1/4 land. So it's plain that he meant for us to fish 3/4 of the time and work 1/4 !

Offline samson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2007, 03:36 PM »
i'm at work now so i'm not too sure about the model but it was one of the first ones to come out a couple of years ago. 

i have used it at night with good success fishing for crappies in a very clear pond.  you can't see very much so you have to do some adjusting with the levels, contrast, etc.  what i do is i light up a glow jig the brightest i can, then drop it in and i can spot it on the monitor.  and just by that glow i can see crappies coming in and if the jig moves or disappears i set the hook.  i've done very well at that pond where everyone says the bite is really tough but at night the crappies are on the feeding frenzy and it seems like i'm the only one who knows  :).  even works for perch at night, i use the same technique and caught my share.  hope this helps

Offline dwaytkus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If she loves you, she will clean them!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2007, 07:07 PM »
I used an Atlantis camera allot last year and this year I have my own Aqua View.  I think the Aua view is better simply because the screen is clearer and brighter.  You with the zip up visor around the screen you can view the screen out of a shanty easily were as the atlantis I had to be in a shanty to have a chance.

Offline Lobo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hang in There !
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:28 AM »
I used an Atlantis camera allot last year and this year I have my own Aqua View.  I think the Aua view is better simply because the screen is clearer and brighter.  You with the zip up visor around the screen you can view the screen out of a shanty easily were as the atlantis I had to be in a shanty to have a chance.

Thanks. I have pretty much decided on going with the Aqua-Vu if I can swing the it financially and there is only $20 difference in price.
Ross in Greenville, Mi.

Offline Ijohnjohn27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2007, 01:56 PM »
Hi Everyone,
 Have any of you ever used an Atlantis Camera System ? Although I usually keep my ice gear simple and inexpensive, I have always wanted an underwater carera and am considering ordering one. It's between the Atlantis SportCam ll and the Aqua-Vu Scout.  Both are on sale and close to the same price.I have heard a lot both pro and con about the Scout but nothing about the Atlantis.

Any information pro or con would be appreciated

Thanks
I have had an Aqua- Vu since they first came out and it is awesome! My first instinct is go with what you hear. I never tried the Atlantis, but my Aqua-Vu is worth every penny I paid for. The one flaw I find with the Aqua-Vu is for Ice fishing, the accessories is a little expensive like the tripod that holds the camera at a certain depth and if you want to hold the camera in a certain direction, you have to buy the telescopic pole which is $50 the last I saw, but if you don't need those things, you're good to go.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.