Author Topic: Our Annual Tournament Cancelled Again!!!!  (Read 827 times)

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Our Annual Tournament Cancelled Again!!!!
« on: Feb 01, 2007, 01:05 PM »
Ok so were going on our 24 annual ice fishing tournament this year well we were suppose to be anyway.  Last year they cancelled it due to ice conditions due to safety reasons which was fair b/c there wasn't 12" of ice during the time it was held on the main lake.  Well this year  the first on the season the main lake wasn't froze so they hauled up regsitrations and cancelled it like 4 weeks before it takes place.  It's suppose to start this weekend ang go 3 consecutive weekends.  Well we have 20" of ice now on the small lakes and 16+" on the main lake there driving out there like crazy.. Ice conditions are perfect they don't even need to hire anyone to plow the lake AND THEY STILL CANCELLED IT... Really ticks me off b/c my fishing buddy started the whole thing and he's 70 now and gave up on it due to fighting on the committee ppl getting D/Q due to keeping fish alive all week and then other memebers letting them back in on it.  It sucks to see it go down the drain.  The committee members use to be fisherman but now they are all ppl who haven't stepped on ice in their life and make decisions by HEAR SAY!!  I think I may take it over next year and get it back into our town.  It's a great promotion for out lake and town and a lot of fun 2.  Usually we have about 100 shacks when tourney is on and last year there was 8 and theres only 5 out there right now.  Some ppl only fish for the tournament and that's it.  It makes really good fishing with no some many ppl out there but i do miss seeing all the guys out on the ice and hearing the stories
sorry for the rant
It Just really GRINDS MY GEARS!!!
Phill

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Our Annual Tournament Cancelled Again!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2007, 02:24 PM »
Sounds typical for CANADA, Too many Liberia's.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2007, 02:39 PM »
 I hear ya whitefish slayer, ticks me off they canceled it before the lake even had a chance to freeze, especially when it was 20 below every night for a week! they coulda postponed it for a week or 2 which isnt needed because there plenty of ice now if any of them would have gotten out and actually checked themselves. I hope you do get on the committee maybe then we'll be able to have a tourny and it'll porbably be run a hell of a lot better than it is now.
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline PolarEscape

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2007, 01:21 PM »
Hey guys It even happened here, We have had such a late season but it is still 3 weeks away from the tourney and it was cancelled back in December, Temps down to single digits for highs, that ferenhieght for all you celcious weather watchers, Totally gonna have the ice and now no tourney for the second year in a row. Hell the Bait store is not even opening his door this winter, What a Crock!!! Maybe I will have to come up with a way to hold a Tourney of my own, How do you guys do it? you can email me @

josh.hicks.russellstan [email protected]

Might be a good way to raise some money and use it for future prizes if I can come up with a good tourney.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.