New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Any News of Catfish or Kings Bay?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline mccabedoug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Any News of Catfish or Kings Bay?
« on: Jan 28, 2007, 08:19 PM »
How is the ice and the northern pike fishing at Rouses Point on either Catfish Bay or Kings Bay on Lake Champlain?

Offline jiggin_ADK

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Any News of Catfish or Kings Bay?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:26 AM »
I'll be heading up to Kings Bay today, I'll post with some (hopefully good) reports.
Good things come to those who bait

Offline mccabedoug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Bump

Any news on Catfish Bay or Kings Bay in Rouses Point? How much snow on the ice? Are people driving? How are the pike biting?

Offline tackle123

• IceShanty Rookie
  • This is me and my son.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2007, 10:38 PM »
The ice is thick people are driving out the maine chanal was still open. Kelly Bay across the bridge is frozen also. Perch bite has been pretty good I have not heard about the northerns. Kings Bay is also frozen and catfish perch bite has been pretty good I don't know about the notherns. Montys Bay and just north were very busy on saturday and sunday. Saturday my brother-in-law caught a pail and 1/2 of perch and on Sunday I got a 1/2. Good luck.

Jim

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2007, 04:55 AM »
How is the ice and the northern pike fishing at Rouses Point on either Catfish Bay or Kings Bay on Lake Champlain?

A group of us fished Kings Bay the last weekend in January, there was 8-10 inches of ice then.  The pike and perch bite was lousy, the pike bite because of extreme high pressure sitting over top of the region and the perch bite because the guys were too cold with minus 25 wind chills to move around.

I've always had excellent luck for northerns at Kings Bay but this years trip was a waste of time fishing wise..we did have a couple good times at the Anchorage though........Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline mccabedoug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2007, 06:18 AM »
Folks, thanks for the info. I am heading up this weekend to fish Catfish Bay with my brother-in-law and a buddy. I've had both great luck and poor luck there in years past for northerns. Just wondering how hard it was to get around snow depth-wise and if people were driving around on the ice.  I know there is a fishing tourney in Rouses Point this weekend so it MAY be a bit busy on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.