Author Topic: trout boil  (Read 2878 times)

grumpymoe

trout boil
« on: Dec 02, 2003, 04:19 PM »
i was never too fond on lake trout until a friend mentioned boiling. in a large pot of water, place a many cubes potatoes as you need along with halved and quartered onions and any preferred vegies ----and lots of whole peppercorns and bring to a boil-when the potatoes are nearly done, drop in filleted boneless trout cut into small 1 inch cubes and when the potatoes are done strain thru a seive and drain.then season as liked and top with butter. yum yum---the nice thing is the leftovers will reheat the next day and taste just like they were just cooked.no strong fish taste whatsoever :o :o

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
Re:trout boil
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2004, 08:56 PM »
I love smoked lake trout. Put a piece on a ritz cracker, yum!!!!!!
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline IceKing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release an a pan full of grease!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2004, 07:22 PM »
I like to fillet lakers, boil the meat, pick through the bones, then mix the boiled meet, an egg or two, crushed ritz crakers, diced onion, some garlic and Old Bay seasoning.mix well. make fish patties (cakes) fry in butter and serve with cocktail sauce. EXCELLENT!
Its Ice Now!

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2004, 09:44 AM »
thanks iceking-i'm definetly going to try that one. have you tried mixing in mayo with your recipe??? grumpymoe ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.